1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Nashville Telecaster Pickups

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by xStonr, Feb 8, 2020.

1. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Hello All. Anyone own one? If so, have you changed out the noiseless pickups and if you have what did you replace them with. I have one and the stock Fender noiseless pickups just don't seem to have the snap, crackle, and pop I would expect from a Telecaster. Thanks

rockymtnguitar likes this.
  2. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

The older Nashville's had Tex Mex in them. Played one yesterday (2004) and it was a superb Tele sound. We liked it best of 5 Tele's we compared.

3. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I'm interested in responses to this as well. I have a Nashville with the Noiseless and I'm not impressed with the middle or bridge. LOVE the neck pickup. Not sure what to do with this guitar - considering Cavaliers for at least the middle and bridge. I would have preferred a Tex-Mex-era Nashville but got this in a trade.

4. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Mine wasn't "born" a Nashville, but I added a middle pickup to it. I've tried a number of different p/ups, and what I have now.....and am finally happy with.....is the Bootstrap Pickups' Pretzel Tele set, and a Bootstrap Strat in the middle. I also have mine wired with a standard Tele three-way switch for neck and bridge, and a mini-toggle for the middle. This way, I have conventional Tele tones when I want. (which is most of the time) red grote 105.JPG

NicDo, xStonr and Crobbins like this.
  5. RLM69

RLM69 TDPRI Member

I have a 2015 and will sell you the 3 Tex Mex p/u's and pick guard for $60. I live in SE Denver area.

xStonr likes this.
  6. Butch Snyder

Butch Snyder Tele-Afflicted

I have owned many Deluxe Nashville Teles. Probably 4 of the original with the Tex Mex pickups and I have owned three of the new version. I currently owned one in Daphne Blue. I have the original stock Vintage Noiseless pickups and love them. There's no reason for me to replace them.

xStonr likes this.
  7. GHOSTULUS

GHOSTULUS TDPRI Member

I have A 98 American Tele Deluxe Nashville. With the noiseless pickups Are these Tex-Mex?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

8. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

I have an ~05/06 MIM Nashville Deluxe and it has whatever came in it---I have no idea. Some days I like them, some I don't.

xStonr likes this.
  9. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I agree with Schmee, that the earlier version of the MIM Deluxe Nashville is very cool. Or, once you change out the bridge they are.

As for the "new" version, the replacement bridge is better but not my first choice and otherwise, I'm not happy with the changes at all. None of them.

You should be able to find a set of pickups of the old style, for very little money. The only change to 'em I like, is I add a Mojotone base plate to the bridge pickup's base. I bought four of these old style Nashvilles, intending to do a bunch of pickup swaps and only changed just one of the four.

xStonr likes this.
  10. 53Strat

53Strat Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I have a Nashville Tele which started out as a 2017 Professional series. I had the V mods changed at purchase.

I have the CS Twisted Tele set along with a CS Texas Special middle pup. Couldn't be happier.

That's it in my Avatar. 20191224_074713[1].jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    xStonr likes this.
  11. SwampTwang

SwampTwang TDPRI Member

I don't have the newer Nashville model with the Noiseless pickups, but I have two of the older ones with Tex Mex pickups. When I bought my first one I found that it sounded better than the Standard and the 52 Reissue in the shop. Over time I wanted pickups that were more vintage in flavor. I tried the following sets: Fender 51 Nocaster and Original Vintage, Duncan Broadcaster, Cavalier Lion King neck with 51/52 bridge. I stopped looking once I ordered from Q Pickups out of Croatia. Just awesome. Spec them how you like, and Tiho will wind them up fast and for a VERY reasonable price!

xStonr likes this.
  12. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

Mine is a 98 deluxe.
    I went with a Seymore Duncan Jerry Donahue in the bridge, a reverse wound Alnico 2 pro in the middle and Str-1 neck.

Position two and four do not quack like a strat. They sound more like a PAF in a les paul. Overall, this combination has a refined sound.
    If I had to do it over again, I would put AV64's in it and ditch the middle pickup.
    [​IMG]

I also have a 03 MIM Nashville Power Telecaster. It has the Tex mex pickups and they sound good. This one does have some quack in position 2.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    xStonr likes this.
  13. SwampTwang

SwampTwang TDPRI Member

Before I changed pickups I put a baseplate on my Tex Mex bridge pickup. Made for a very nice improvement by taming the high frequency harshness when overdriving my amp. I removed the cover of the neck pickup as well because I wanted a little brighter output. Total cost was about $10 and maybe 30 minutes of my time. After these changes I still preferred my modified Tex Mex pickups to the other Fenders, the Duncans, and the Cavaliers that I had tried.

boris bubbanov and xStonr like this.
  14. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I have a newer Deluxe Nashville that "had" the vintage noiseless.

The bridge and middle pickups weren't bad. I just couldn't get along with the neck pickup. Gotta have a good Tele neck pickup.;)

I replaced them with a set of Cavaliers. A Nashville Lion bridge, SRV Tiger middle and a Lion King neck.

Plus Rob made me a wiring harness with a no load Bourns push/pull to engage the bridge/neck position like a standard Tele.

Not affiliated with Cavalier. Just a satisfied customer for around 9 or 10 years.

DHart, tigertail and xStonr like this.
  15. noname_dragon

noname_dragon Tele-Holic

You might contact Lindy Fralin about what you're after. I have his PU's in all my Fenders.

16. 440mhz

440mhz Tele-Meister

I have a new Nashville that had noiseless and didn't like them, too much like an LP. I put a new set of 52 Pure vintage single coils in the neck and bridge. A Fender 60 classic Strat. in the middle. I can't say enough about the tone and play-ability. Now I'm hooked on Tele's.

17. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

I recently adjusted my pup height closer to factory specs helping the tone and presence a great deal. I also installed a 7-way control plate to get a bridge/neck selection (also allows all three pups together).

18. rasr1

rasr1 Tele-Meister

My partscaster has Lollar Blackface Strat pickups in the neck and middle positions, and a Rumpelstiltskin Black Rope (now called Black Knight) in the bridge position. It has a five way switch and a push/pull pot on my tone knob that activates the bridge pickup in any position giving me seven different pickup/combination choices. I'm real pleased with this set up and the way it sounds.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  19. Butch Snyder

Butch Snyder Tele-Afflicted

It would be nice to see a pic of that Telecaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. rasr1

rasr1 Tele-Meister

Here ya go.

20200331_093328.jpg

Stinking Wally and lupowitz like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.