Nashville Tele series wiring help - 4-way switch with mini toggle and middle PU only option

bluecrab4x4

TDPRI Member
Looking for some help and wiring diagram for redoing my Nashville tele. My apologies in advance if this has already been covered in another thread but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I just received the 4-way switch and mini-toggle from Stewmac. I think I have the parts, definitely lacking the smarts:)

Here's what I want to do:

1. Basic 4-way Tele wiring with N-B series option (N, N-B series, N-B parallel, B).

2. Ability to have the middle PU on its own

3. Ability to have the middle PU added to one of the combos in #1.

The mini-toggle I ordered is DPDT with ON-ON-ON. The other diagrams I have seen show how you would add the middle pup into the blend using the toggle, but I would like to also be able to have the middle pup on its own as well.

Assuming the mini toggle switch will do what I want it to do, I would want the isolated middle PU to work when you put the mini-toggle in the middle position.

BTW- I don't want to go with one of the super switch options. I have had 2 regular Teles with the 4-way switch and that is what works best for me.

thanks!

bluecrab4x4

TDPRI Member
Looking for some help and wiring diagram for redoing my Nashville tele. My apologies in advance if this has already been covered in another thread but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I just received the 4-way switch and mini-toggle from Stewmac. I think I have the parts, definitely lacking the smarts:)

Here's what I want to do:

1. Basic 4-way Tele wiring with N-B series option (N, N-B series, N-B parallel, B).

2. Ability to have the middle PU on its own

3. Ability to have the middle PU added to one of the combos in #1.

The mini-toggle I ordered is DPDT with ON-ON-ON. The other diagrams I have seen show how you would add the middle pup into the blend using the toggle, but I would like to also be able to have the middle pup on its own as well.

Assuming the mini toggle switch will do what I want it to do, I would want the isolated middle PU to work when you put the mini-toggle in the middle position.

BTW- I don't want to go with one of the super switch options. I have had 2 regular Teles with the 4-way switch and that is what works best for me.

thanks!
I figured out how to wire the mini-toggle with a little help from a diagram on the Stewmac site and my trusty multimeter.......
Fralin-4-way-tele-wiring-mini-toggle-v2.png
Mini-toggle-on-on-on-vertical-v2.png

Last edited: