Nashville Tele + S-1 + Blend Mod

rawgerpaper

TDPRI Member
I realized my am ultra tele with a middle pickup routing. I plan to mod it into a nashville tele in the future. Been googling wiring diagrams and reading forums. I think I'm going for the wiring diagram made by @simoncroft but I want to add (1) and (2) below. Thanks to @simoncroft

I would love to hear your thoughts coz:

1. I would love to have a blend knob for that middle coz I tried the Brent Mason tele and it has that cool eq thing going on. But I also want a middle strat pickup that could play alone that's why I went for a nashville tele diagram instead of a Brent Mason diagram. Will a master volume #2 a better choice than a blend knob? Or could we make modifications to the wiring diagram?

2. I would love to have a neck + middle + bridge sound for a fuller sound like the Brent Mason haha. (I didnt went for the Brent Mason when I was buying, was about to but I don't like the gibson mini humbucker and SD middle strat pickups it has)

3. I like the S-1 switch of neck + bridge (series) for thick chord play. That's why I chose this s-1 switch diagram. (the diagram below has this)

4. I like the neck + middle (parallel) and neck + bridge (parallel) for rhythm playing. (the diagram below has this)

5. I only prefer a 5-way super switch, I do not plan on a 6+ switches.

In summary:
N
N+M (parallel)
M
M+B (parallel)
B
N+B (parallel)
N+M+B (parallel)

N+M (series)
M+B (series)

Blend knob for the middle

Wiring diagram from: @simoncroft
S1withTwoTones.jpg

rawgerpaper

TDPRI Member
I feel like there's gonna be another push and pull here if there would be a n + m + b. But would it be possible if I would replace the middle and bridge in series (the #2 in S-1 Up diagram) into a n + m +b instead? I don't think I'm gonna have fun with a middle strat + bridge tele (series).

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Here's how I have my Nashville wired. Pretty useful. No duplicate positions. Three singles, four parallels, and three series. For interest, I place a cap on one of the series for a honky tone. The diagram shows a modded TBX which I use as treble cut, bass cut, no-load center detent. But you can just use a regular tone pot if you prefer.

It does not have a volume control for Middle. Note: if you want to both want to play Middle alone, and want to control it's volume independently, you'll need to wire it as a 2nd vol pot, not a blend / rheostat. It adds a lot of complexity. Tossing off the idea as a casual want may cause much design pain. Decide how bad you want that feature.

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 04.42.05 PM.png

rawgerpaper

TDPRI Member
This is sooo cooool. Very much appreciated on this one. Thank you for sharing this. Definitely gonna go for thiiis hopefully someday with some slight modifications.

Last edited: