Nashville Tele Pickup Suggestions

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by guitarguy1964, Jul 26, 2017.

1. guitarguy1964

guitarguy1964 TDPRI Member

Hi everyone, I recently finished my latest partscaster.

[​IMG]

I'm not very happy with the pickups I put in it. I used the Tele pickups out of a Telecaster Select and the Strat pickup is a Fender Fat 50s. I used a Fender super switch with 2 push pull pots. One gives me all 3 pickups and the neck and bridge together. The other series/ parallel.

First, it is super noisy. I was guessing but it turns out the strap pickup in not reverse wound in relation to the tele pickups. Secondly, I'm just not blown away with the sound.

I am looking for something quieter and as far as tone goes I'm wanting to stay somewhat traditional but versatile. I use this guitar for country and classic rock gigs.

I am intrigued by the Mojo Tone quiet coil pickups.

Any suggestions?

2. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity

and she is a dream !!!!!!!!!!

I would say you could stay with the F50, if you like it on it's own that is.

I put Keystone dlx. in mine, and they are REALLY quiet. Then had a CS Texas Special (Strat) for a while that then was RW/RP with the bridge, as the F50 would.

Now I have a CS 69 in the middle, that is RW/RP with the neck.

Widle (Keystone) does make a Nashville set though.

Only thing is you can't have the best of all worlds noise cancel wise with a Nashville when you have neck and bridge, which I do as well because........................well it's just not a Tele without it. ;) There are just too many combinations (sel switch AND p/p) to have one in the set RW/RP with the other, in all six pup combinations.

So the Keystone set, you can have neck a bridge noise cancel if you will use that a lot, then have them make your middle pup RW/RP to whichever other 5 way position you think you will use the most, most likely N & M (#4).

So if that's the case, have them make the strat pup SOUTH top polarization. I don't know what they do with that one normally.

That's kinda why I went to the CS69, for neck and middle noise cancel, and for a change for something different. I get board with tone sometimes.

I can tell you, the Keystones will NEVER come out though !

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. double_a

double_a TDPRI Member

I like Mojo tone pickups. I also like Klein pickups and Rio Grande.

4. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Took the Fender Noiseless out of my 2016 Deluxe Nashville and had Rob at Cavalier Pickups make me a set.

Surprised how quiet they are and great tone.

4pickupguy likes this.
  5. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Tele-Meister

For hum-cancelling I love the DiMarzio Area T.

6. guitarguy1964

guitarguy1964 TDPRI Member

Thanks for the suggestions!
    I have decided to do the Brent Mason thing with a mini humbucker in the neck. I'm either going to do the Seymour Duncans like he did or The Dimarzio Area Single coils with a Dimarzio DR240 Humbucker

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.