1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Nashville Guitar Show Summary?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by pete-strych, Mar 10, 2014.

1. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Did anyone else go to the Nashville Guitar Show in Franklin TN this past weekend? What's your take on it? I was not impressed this year! Some usual vendors were not there. Crowd was inconsistent on Saturday. Same old, same old--lots of pretentious "dealer attitude" & not so special, somewhat overpriced vintage gear. I didn't come away with that warm & fuzzy feeling thus year. Your opinions.

2. PaulStrattele

PaulStrattele Tele-Holic

The two that I've been to this year have both been flat. Not sure what's going on.
    The only exicted people that I talked to were the Japanese guys buying vintage to take back. Everyone else was "meh"

3. mickeydean

mickeydean Friend of Leo's

going to a guitar show is just like going to the zoo. so many amazing things to see and no reasonable expectation of taking any of them home.

4. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

Guitar shows are no fun anymore. Everything is overpriced and all they say is that's what it's going for on Ebay.

5. Darin Cochran

Darin Cochran TDPRI Member

I have a friend who went.. He had never been to one before...but he loved it. He got a decent deal on a little practice amp, and got to see Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman and Vince Gill hanging out..he was quite excited!

6. mtsusean

mtsusean TDPRI Member

I was there on Saturday, got to see Steve Wariner and Andy Reiss and lots of nice guitars.

As mentioned though, prices were not right. HD-28V's used, going for what I paid for mine new. But it's nice to walk around and see stuff you wouldn't normally get to see anywhere else under one roof.

Probably no different than gun shows sans the MRE's and beef jerky vendors.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.