1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

nashville c.a.r. finish gone!

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by tikicaster, May 25, 2013.

1. tikicaster

tikicaster TDPRI Member

Mexican made Deluxe Nashville with the nasty candy apple red,only reason I bought in that color was it had a nice chip of paint taken out by someone dropping it while trying to hang it back up.So,I pointed it out to G.C. salesman he went and talked to the mngr. and I got it for $249.99. not a bad deal. It was alway's a great player but I had trouble bonding with it because of the color.Well about ten year's later I finally decide ro strip it down.Most everyone on this site said there's a reason why some guitar's are painted and some are not.Well I didn't care and went with it any way,this is what I came up with, It's not a professional job but I'm a retired trucker not a luthier.So like it or not this is my own personal "Nashville Tele".

Attached Files:

2. esetter

esetter Friend of Leo's

I like it!

3. Axtklinge

Axtklinge Tele-Meister

Looks lovely, congrats!
    :D

Oh, and if you ever get bored of the wood looks, you can always paint it red again!
    ;)

4. Achysklic

Achysklic Tele-Afflicted

Looks good, but I loved the Red

5. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

What a great looking guitar, Congrats! How many sections of wood can you count on the body?

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I like the result.

I don't like encouraging guys to try this because so many destroy the body in the process (looks like you did a fine job, but the next guy is warned).

I admit it, if I could get myself to sell (I can't) anything, the CARs would be the first out the door. I like natural color guitars over vibrant reds, blues or greens, and pretty wood is even better.

7. tikicaster

tikicaster TDPRI Member

c.a.r. finish

Thank's to all for the kind word's on my first refinish job. As far as the question about how many sections of wood made up the body, I counted 4 pieces,I know not an ideal slab of wood for a natural finish but I was "Kool" with it.Much better than the red I.M.O. And the best part is I'm playing it alot more than before,the bonding process has begun!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.