Nashville 1000 for Tele.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 83siennateleguy, Aug 14, 2018.

1. 83siennateleguy

83siennateleguy Tele-Meister

Was looking around for a new amp for the tele but was playing around through my Peavey Nashville 1000 that I use for steel guitar. Sounds ok and probably good enough to do a job with. I also have 300 watts of power as well so no problem there.

My question is , did anybody use a tele with this particular amp and if so what kind of set up? I was never really a big fan of any other amp if it didn't say fender on it for THAT FENDER SOUND ! But one amp for tele and steel would be A OK with me.

2. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Holic

I don't remember where I read it,but I do remember reading an article years ago and it was on Merle Haggard's rig and at the time it said he was using Peavey Session 500's for guitar amps.

83siennateleguy likes this.
  3. Telecastoff1

Telecastoff1 Tele-Holic

I haven't tried a NV 1000 with my Teles yet, but I have used a couple different PV Steel amps in the past with great success. I used to own a Session 500 and really liked that amp. It was easy to dial in and get a very nice usable tone from it. The only drawback was the extreme weight, so I eventually sold it based only on the weight. But, I do own a NV 400 that I use mainly on outdoor gigs where there is no sound tech present for us. This amp really projects and stays clean for as loud as I need it. I do, however use an EQ pedal with this amp to warm it up a bit and take the hard edge from it. With the EQ it sounds really nice and Fendery. I'm an old school "clean is best" player anyway, so naturally this really does the trick for me in those conditions.

83siennateleguy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.