Nash guitars

Jazzcaster21

Tele-Holic
I have been hearing a lot lately about these guitars so, can anyone comment on them? How do they compare to a Telecaster? I haven't ever bought a boutique
guitar but maybe in the future, I will. Perhaps in a few years when I turn 50 :eek:

Jazzcaster21

Tele-Holic
I have two Nash teles and a strat and all three are great. Don’t want to rehash the everything is a partscaster debate, but just wanted to sing the praises of these guitars.
In your opinion, would you say that they are worth the money? They are certainly cheaper than Fender Custom Shops as well as other smaller boutique makers.

Unionjack515

Tele-Afflicted
My “Nash” is my favorite T-style. *However* it wasn’t until I change the neck. I just couldn’t get past the ridiculous shade of yellow tint they use. When I played a couple in the shop, I loved how they played and under their lights, the neck looked like a normal color. But ordered one and got it home and yuck. So. I ordered a neck, finished it myself and NOW it’s my favorite. They used (at least on mine, and on all as I understand it) a nice set of Lollar pickups. Good attention to detail.

donrichfan

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I played a light relic T-52 a few years back that felt and sounded great. I'm looking at used prices right now and they cost as much as the new one I played 3-4 years ago! Better grab one quick before they go up even further!

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
The local guitar shop around here carries them. They are real nice, They have rather hot Lollar pickups in them and they are set up well right out of the box, as are Custom Shop Relics. I think all Cases have relic finishes to one degree or the other and I don't think you can custom order guitars from Nash, you have to get them through a dealer, or used or whatever.

At my local guitar shop, Dietz music in Omaha, they have Nash guitars on the wall right next to Fender Custom shop guitars.

Having plugged in and played many examples of both Nashes, FCS's and my own favorite Esquire partscaster many times, side by side, even A/B style, I used to take a lesson once a week at that shop, I've got to tell you, I've never really seen any real difference in quality between any of them. There are differences in neck size, fret size, radius,weight, setup and the pickups across different individual guitars so you might have to tweak the amp a little bit from guitar to guitar, or you might be a little more comfortable on one vs another but that's about it.

My parts caster has nicer hardware than anything I ever see on a FCS relic or a Nash just by virtue of having a Glendale bridge on it, but that's not a major quality issue. That aside, I have never once played a FCS or Nash tele at Dietz and thought for a minute that I should to replace my partscaster with it because it was so much better in any way at all.

Not to say that I haven't played some that I wanted, I can think of one FCS black esquire in particular that I really liked, but I didn't buy it.

The prices points vary quite a bit between a Nash a FCS and my partscaster Esquire, but as far as tone, playability and durability go, one vintage style telecaster with all of the fiddly details taken into consideration, is much like the another vintage style telecaster with all the fiddly details taken into consideration. Believe in the details not the hype and remember Kids!! "practice every day".

My main point is "worth the money" means different things to different people but If a FCS is worth the money and a vintage tele is worth the money, a Nash tele is certainly worth the money too.

fasthand

Tele-Meister
My lite relic t63 is one of my favorite guitars
I especially dig the neck profile a very comfortable handful quite round
I recently put a B5 on it and am still sorting out the finicky tuning with the Bigsby
I love my Nash

Attachments

• 3EF115C6-54F6-4478-9E3E-CFA3F203E23D.jpeg
    3EF115C6-54F6-4478-9E3E-CFA3F203E23D.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 34

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
They are fantastic. The necks are a point of pride. They are silk.
That said, if you appreciate the relic look they do the best job in the industry. If you want shiny new look they are not for you. I think they are quite worth the money.

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I played a couple of the Reliced Telecasters and I thought they where very nice guitars in the way they looked, played and sounded. It did have a pretty hefty price tag. A well made Telecaster for less than a $1000 is not hard to find

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Based on the several that I've worked on, Nash brings in necks and bodies from other makers, applies finish treatments, and assembles the pieces. They're basically parts-o-casters, but with pretty good attention to detail on fit and finish and setup.

Many other pro level "parts" Teles and Strats like from Danocaster, Sadowsky etc. are at that level.
Parts is parts.

Nash have their own bridges now:
Called, Nash Bridges...
:)

Lou Tencodpees

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I played a few off the rack at a dealer and dug them all. I see the attraction. All the ones I played had hefty neck profiles. But I built a Sonic Blue MJT Strat (as clean as they make 'em), added a baseball bat Allparts neck and some booteek pickups and satisfied that desire.

bluesfordan

Friend of Leo's
I owned a Nash T-63, which is still my favorite tele type I've had. I love my Squier CV50 (avatar) but it weighs over 2 pounds more than the Nash. Never should have sold it. I put it up on TGP and it sold in 9 minutes. Haven't been able to find one at a decent price since. They're nice, just not the price being asked today for them. MHO, YMMV, etc.

For me, the relicing on the majority of the maple fingerboard guitars is over the top, but I can't argue with how they feel.

Back at it

Tele-Meister
I love the feel and tone out of my t-63, best tele I’ve ever played

i went to ft worth for tele expedition and that’s what I came home with

felt like home when I picked it up, worth the $$ for me ….

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
After reading through your posts, I just went onto the Nash Guitar site and found what my current partscaster build will very likely look like! Oops! I didn't mean to do that...

Nash Guitars are great looking guitars!

Last edited:

Jazzcaster21

Tele-Holic
I am not a fan of the relic finishes that they do and given a choice, I would go for the lightest aging possible. However, I do like their color options and the fact they can make a lefty of whatever I want. That is definitely a plus.
As far as the aging process goes, as a gigging guitarist I prefer to age my guitars by playing them, a lot!:lol: