1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NASD

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Chud, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

New Amp Shelves Day. Edsal Muscle Rack 30 x 60 x 12 shelves meant to be one unit 60" high, split into two 30" high shelves. Gets the Supro and the Tone Master up off the ground a bit closer to ear level, and consolidates some space a bit.

IMG_5870.JPG

It's actually a 5 shelf kit that I was thinking I could bridge the middle to get the stack off the ground with the 5th shelf, but I didn't fully think through how the boltless shelves would actually connect to allow that. :lol:

Pretty happy for $35 though.

uriah1, Crobbins, CWP0126 and 7 others like this.
  2. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Wow...soooo neat! Heres my version of chaos. 8B3ADC5B-046F-4798-8803-E316C19BAB45.jpeg D336F500-1E23-495F-AF0D-918D00F55F71.jpeg

3. Chud

Nice! A little chaos never hurt no one. Lol.

With the Supro and Tone Master at basically ear level now and with some separation, they really sound huge together. Especially with the Fender Pinwheel pedal going L to the Supro and R to the Tone Master. It's like a whirling dervish of cacaphonic chaos! :lol::lol:

24 track and ce24 like this.
  4. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Great job, Chud! I have run out of floor space (quite a while ago. actually) and really need to do something like that.............where did you pick up those components?

Thanks for posting!

24 track likes this.
  5. Chud

24 track likes this.
  6. Flip G

Flip G Tele-Meister

Better than my lopsided plant-stand setup. :(

24 track likes this.
  7. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Excellent - I am going to check those out. Won't take care of all my amps but would be a good start. Actually a couple of those would do it and still be pretty inexpensive. I need to do it!!!

Thanks so much!:)

24 track likes this.
  8. Chud

Those are the smallest they have. Lots of bigger ones to take care of more amps. Lol.

9. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Chud - I ordered a set of that HD shelving and will set them up like you did. I will probably come up with some kind of angle bracket/bolted adaptation so I can attach the 5th shelf to span the top of the two units. My SF Super Reverb should fit nicely underneath that 5th shelf and I will likely set my SF VibroChamp on top of the shelf (and maybe my 57 Custom tweed champ too if there is room). The other 4 shelves will host SF Deluxe Reverb, 65 PRRI, 5E3 Deluxe, and Vox AC-10C1. Should be perfect!

Again, thanks very much for posting and sharing this! :)

24 track, Chud and RYAN1987M like this.
  10. Chud

Nice! Let me know what you come up with for the bracket.

24 track likes this.
  11. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Will do.....although HD estimated delivery isn't until 12/10 to 12/15...

Chud and 24 track like this.
  12. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

thanks Chud for some Ideas,
    I have a ton of amps to shelve and only limited space, 4 heads , 4 combos, 2X1X15 cabs , a 2X12 cab, 4X12 cab ,2X15 cab, and believe it an 8X12 cab and a 8'X5' wall to house as much as i can I will need to get very creative in the following months and shelving is the way to go, LOL..........or a massive yard sale!

Chud likes this.
  13. Chud

I had ordered a second set of these shelves from another seller because HD didn’t have delivery dates earlier than mid-December at the time, but they ended up getting to me pretty quick anyway. I thought about returning the second set, but the 2x12 cab sitting on the floor kept bugging me so I kept and finally put the shelves together today.

unnamed-23.jpg unnamed-24.jpg

Plenty of room for a few more heads once I find the few I've been holding out for. I probably have the shelves set up a little shallow right now to accommodate most normal sized heads, but these things are easily adjustable. That's both a benefit and a drawback as the connections can pop up a bit easily when moving. They don't fall apart, but it can be a little bit of a whackamole game to reseat them at times. Lol

They're still $35 at HD. I may order a third set to even out the two shorter shelves now. :lol::lol:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020 at 11:57 AM
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.