NAMM - LSL - Hair Metal !

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 62_Inca_Esquire, Jan 18, 2010.

1. 62_Inca_Esquire

62_Inca_Esquire Tele-Afflicted

So I just got home from NAMM. It was a longer trip than I expected because evidently I was not only traveling between Austin and Anaheim, but also traveling through time ! The sheer amount of guys with teased 80's hair, makeup, and "rock star" pants was astonishing, and of course they had their Aqua Netted girlfriends and wives with them. It just seems so weird to see 40, 50, and even 60 year olds with bleach blonde primped up hair and skimpy clothes. There are some visions that hopefully time will erase, but till then, I'm sure I will have many a nightmare about ! (and yes, I had long hair in the 80's too !) :)

Anyway, the booth I was working at was right next to the LSL booth, so I had a chance to stop by and talk to the guys for a bit...and of course play their guitars !

I've gotta say, they are some REALLY great sounding Tele's - I played a pine Tele that was just rippin', with a nicely shaped "large soft V neck" that felt seriously nice. The weight was nice and light, and it had twang in spades. It was everything that you would want a great Tele to be.

I didn't have time to play any of their other guitars, but they had a pretty busy booth, and lots of people seemed to be digging their Tele-like offerings (and even their new Strat style guits !).

All in all, really nice guys that make a high quality Tele that is built for players.

2. GuitarPlayerFL

GuitarPlayerFL TDPRI Member

Oh...this is your first NAMM show? :lol:

It's like that every year.

There are a couple YouTube videos of Carl Verheyen playing their guitars worth checking out. Carl's a great player.

3. 62_Inca_Esquire

Actually, it's my 15th or 16th NAMM - but it is STILL astonishing to see how many hairbangers show up after all these years. People visiting from out of country must think that this is a "normal" look for Americans.

I've gotta admire them for sticking to what they believe in though !

:lol:

4. jedi

jedi Tele-Holic

Gents........metal is on the rise and gaining momentum again. I don't know how many music channels I have come across but more and more metal talk shows and artist-type shows are hitting the airwaves.

I am not a hairband/metal guy but I am hoping maybe that right behind it will be a rock-n-roll surge again. The current state of rock is in sad form right now. :(

5. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

I just discovered these LsL's last week they look nice what do they cost?

6. 62_Inca_Esquire

I'm not sure - I never asked. I just played the pine one and was pretty impressed with the overall feel and tone.

7. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Just looking at those the other day; they seem to be in the $1700-$1900 ball park. Unfortunately, I only play sandlot, so there isn't one of them in my future...

8. Post Toastie

Post Toastie Poster Extraordinaire

They are 1700 dollars and up at the dealer web sites.

9. Fatmanstratman

Fatmanstratman Poster Extraordinaire

Erm, well.....:lol:

Some of you guys do have a, lets say, "distinctive" style of dress!....:lol:

It's not too tough picking out the American visitors at any of the London tourist spots!....:lol:

But we Brits LOVE y'all...:cool:

10. 62_Inca_Esquire

:lol:

11. jdm61

jdm61 Tele-Holic

Hair metal kinda sorta morphed into death metal here in the Tampa Bay area, so those folks nevr went away. I am not sure what is worse. 50 something hair metal guys and their aquanetted ladies or 50 something wannabe bikers and their 50 something ladies with the fake boobs, new tats and the tanning bed lizard skin.:D That aside, those LsL Teles look pretty darn nice in person. My fave shop sells them and Tungsten amps now. That would probably be a nice combo if'n you could afford it.;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.