Name Your Favorite Vocalist-Male- Female?

billy logan

Tele-Afflicted
[choices subject to change]

Roy Orbison, Frankie Lymon, Blind Connie Williams (thanks, lil scotty)

Sarah Gwendolyn (instrumentally speaking, she's a real good fiddler over in Carolina somewhere)

Irma Thomas

Sierra Ferrell

A well-recorded performance:

I must be on a sincerity kick

Last edited:

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Some of my faves, but don't have a #1:
Gregg Allman
Bill Withers
Richie Furay ( Buffalo Springfield and Poco)
John Lennon
Ella Fitzgerald

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
Ann Wilson

Linda Ronstadt (and actually the whole Trio stuff with Dolly Parton and Emmylou Harris)

Paul Carrack (heard him singing "Hey you" on TV at "The Wall - Live in Berlin" when I was a kid, and I still think, that's the best version anyone ever did)

Helge Totland - not well known, but I have a record where he is singing "Everything must change" and it's still mind blowing to hear that

Ian Gillan - Made in Japan was recorded as far as I know, while he was suffering from bronchitis, and it's absolutely unbelievable, how he performed

Spox

Tele-Meister
Ones I saw live include Cocteau Twins, Aretha Franklin and James Brown whilst my mum saw Sarah Vaughan live.

Since they haven't been mentioned.

hepular

Tele-Afflicted
all-time? Myra Duke. Yeah, you've never heard of her, but she won the Dealey vocal competition the same year Van Cliburn won piano then went to NYC and sang on hit parade for a while. Quit the biz, became an elementary school music teacher on the north side of Fort Worth. Was my mom's best friend. And i've never ever heard a better rendition of summertime.

These days I'm partial to Racheal Price.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
Hard one for men. Chris Cornell to pick one name from several floating in my head.
Easy one for women. Adele and it's not even close. Her voice just does something to my soul.

regularslinky

Tele-Afflicted
I like my vocalists a bit left of center:
Male: Mike Patton
Female: Bjork

Honorable mention: Tom Waits, Amy Winehouse, David Bowie, Chrissy Hynde