Name me some good Tele players/bands

redhouse_ca

Tele-Meister
Ted Greene was awesome... I first learned about him in the late 70's.. I bought a couple of his books... his knowledge of the fretboard was beyond compare....
I don’t know Page did that solo with a Tele and after reading this I listened to it again. I know it’s totally taboo to play Stairway on acoustic at a guitar shop but I’m gonna learn that solo and play it on a tele next time I got to a guitar shop. That’s probably fair game.

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
I don’t know Page did that solo with a Tele and after reading this I listened to it again. I know it’s totally taboo to play Stairway on acoustic at a guitar shop but I’m gonna learn that solo and play it on a tele next time I got to a guitar shop. That’s probably fair game.
I think you would be ok playing Blackbird At a guitar shop. An extra bonus if you sing it also. I would play Here comes the Sun There or maybe Scarborough Fair. ? People would stop and listen to those as well. I’ve played Good Riddance. By Green Day there.

Stratocast

Tele-Meister
A band with 3 Tele's!

Hmmm. I am sorry. Is that a band you like. ? I have played music like that with just me playing. Were the teles playing the same notes. ? Considering this band has 3 teles I did not here much diversity in the guitar work. Is that a local band. ?

donnyrocker

TDPRI Member
Not even of this century, but, the best ever recorded telecaster trac in history is without a doubt
'In the back room' by Van Morrison.
Tele with Dumble.
With lyrical reference to Jonny Winter.
Pure acetate majic, you won't find from 90's forward.

I'll counter with "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley (1993?)
Tele > Vibrolux

Just the three of them—Jeff, Tele, amp—and some reverb. Iconic. Sublime.

jarpat

Tele-Holic
Telecaster was not an instant hit, when it was created. And there - of course - were no internet, so people saw guitars and such mainly on gigs and / or on album covers. Gene Vincent and Johnny Burnette recorded wild music on 1956 and both had telecasters on album photos. Actual players (not on the covers of these albums) were Grady Martin with his "Bigsby-guitar" and Cliff Gallup with his Gretsch. So I believe, that these albums still made telecasters more popular, even though there were really other guitars on the albums..?

backline

Tele-Afflicted
After 12 pages, i am sure names start to be repeated, but.............................. Richie Kotzen is a fabulous player.

His style of play is not MY Favorite, but he certainly is a very talented musician.!! :)

tunemakers

TDPRI Member
Hi all, I am a proud first-time Telecaster owner. I am looking for primarily Telecaster guitarists/bands that I can listen to. I am looking for modern (90s or later) rock ranging from funk rock to blues rock to hard rock. No metal. Please no Stones/Springsteen. I already know about them haha. What can you recommend? Thanks.
Anything from The Hellecasters