NAD

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by popthree, Dec 4, 2019 at 6:58 PM.

1. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

Very surprising little amp. Totally giggable and completely legit. Amazing really.
    1204191751.jpg

2. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Congrats! I can't tell what you're plugged into on the floor, or what cab you're running into.

I've never found one locally to try. The Vox Mini Super Beetle is basically an upgraded MV50 AC.

3. popthree

The cab is a fender bassbreaker 1x12 with an eminence RWB

4. scooteraz

scooteraz Tele-Afflicted

I’m fascinated by that Nutube technology. I have yet to plug into one of these, looks way cool.

At the price point, how can you go wrong?

Hmm, uses 19 V supply. Just like a laptop???? Interesting. And good idea (multiple sources of power).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 9:17 PM
  5. popthree

The price is good, 149 and free shipping from Amazon. I cant believe how good it sounds. I was very prepared to be disappointed and be returning it. I wont be doing that unless it dies or something.

LGOberean likes this.
  6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Cool

7. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Me too. As I said above, I have yet to plug into one of the MV50s. The local GC is notoriously behind the times and understocked. I was told that when the MV50 line was first introduced, they got one in. It sold that same day, and they haven't gotten another one since. :(

I have had a chance to plug into the Mini Super Beetle. The local GC did eventually get one in, and I've plugged into it several times. Same NuTube technology, 50 watts into 4 ohms (the cab of that mini stack has an 8 ohm speaker, so 25 watts), with Bass & Treble EQ, reverb and tremolo. So as I said before, it's basically an upgraded MV50 AC.

And I like it. I'm trying to decide if I like it enough to pull the trigger. I have 3 Vox Pathfinder 15Rs, which is just about the perfect amp for me. The MSB compares favorably to the Pathfinder 15R, in theory, at least. I haven't had the chance to play the two of them side by side to get an actual A/B comparison.

8. popthree

I did not know the little super beetle was the same thing in a different package. Thats cool. Heck I wouldnt mind having one of those. They are cute....and I used to have a full sized royal guardsman, haha.

LGOberean likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.