NAD - Yamaha G100 210 II

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by SheldonP, Sep 16, 2021.

1. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock Tele-Afflicted

Nice score, nothing like getting a great amp that needs a little elbow grease to come back to its shining glory. Congrats and enjoy!

czech-one-2 and SheldonP like this.
  2. Telecastoff1

Telecastoff1 Tele-Afflicted

Those vintage Yamaha SS amps are great. I had a couple of them and really wish I still had them. They were very reliable and always sounded excellent. Congrats on your new amp!

Mowgli and SheldonP like this.
  3. Tele-beeb

Tele-beeb Friend of Leo's

SheldonP likes this.
  4. Fred Perez

Fred Perez TDPRI Member

I arrived my g100ii, quite disappointed: without reverb, it is dismantled, the knobs misadjusted and crooked, and the sound is far from expected. I take it apart to clean and find this: they inserted an additional treble and mid system as a hight-end. the bass thundered awfully. But I cleaned it, aligned potentiometers, connect the speaker directly, better secure the front and revive this beast, Beautiful clean, the speaker is not the original but it responds very well, I do not know what brand is it seems an eminence for the chassis, it does not have references, it is 6 screws. It is in good condition despite the years. The reverb is missing and they adapted a kind of effects loop that I have not been able to use well. For the price paid I cannot complain.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  5. Fred Perez

Fred Perez TDPRI Member

Any Speaker info?

Attached Files:

6. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Tele-Afflicted

So great. I picked up a G50 112 ii that someone chpped down to a head version, for $25 at Goodwill. After some clean up, its a great amp.

I've thought about creating a 2x10 combo cab for it, as it would be nice to use that way...sometimes.

That parametric eq is priceless. You will love that amp.

Congrats!

7. Mowgli

Mowgli Tele-Meister

Look on the speaker's rim for an eia code.

As for the amp, search online for the schematic and let that guide you or your tech for rehabing the amp.

Good luck.

8. kennl

kennl Tele-Afflicted

the G100-112 is my go-to amp
    the parametric EQ can tune the amp to any room or space
    I use the convenience outlet to power my FX

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  9. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

Regarding my 'repair'. I ended up just wiring in a standard Fender 'high / low' jack arrangement with the dual 68k resistor setup.
    The confusing thing was there were four wires coming from the pcb, two [+/-] to the High jack and two [+/-] to the low Jack. I just used the high jack hot and ground wires and removed the other two, plus removed and jumpered the onboard 15k/47k resistors that did the high/low thing from the factory. Works great and its nice to have switchcraft jacks that hold the plug tight!

10. Mutato

Mutato Tele-Holic

On my Yamaha amps, they had the little mini, chassis-attached reverb pan. Approx 6-8" long. On my friend's G50112, I disconnected that and bought a proper reverb pan which attached to floor of cabinet. You have to get the proper pan specs off the original. Easy to replace. The sound was a big improvement over the mini pan. I also did that to my JX-55 amp.

11. guitar_paul1

guitar_paul1 Tele-Holic

Good score! I love my G50-112II . A recording engineer once told me that these Rivera-influenced amps are the "secret weapon" of many studios.
    He also told me that he plugged some famous guitarist (he wouldn't tell me who) in to one during a session and the guy commented "I just love these old tube amps!".

Fred Perez likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.