1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD Vintage Vox Pathfinder Solid State

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by rhythmjones, Jun 2, 2015.

1. rhythmjones

rhythmjones Tele-Holic

Had a vacation planned for Chicago at the end of May. I've always wanted to go to CME, so I made it a point. Checking their inventory the week before I noticed a cool little vintage Vox Solid State Pathfinder with trem and original gold Bulldog speaker. Price was reduced for a song.

"If they still have it when I go there, I'm trying it. If it sounds good, I'm getting it."

Well, guess what?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Came with a dust cover!

[​IMG]

This is a Thomas Organ made model. I can't describe how happy I am with how this thing sounds. It's not very loud, but so full. The low end response is amazing considering it's just an 8" speaker. The tremolo is nice too, although above noon on the dial it's too fast.

I have a feeling this thing is going to scratch my Vibrochamp itch. In fact, because of the bass response, I actually like the sound of this amp better. And considering how high the price of a vintage Vibrochamp is getting...

2. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Awesome find! Never heard too much about vintage pathfinders! Mind if I ask how much a song was?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.