1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD! Victoria 20112

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Mudman32, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Shnook

Shnook Tele-Meister

That is one fantastic looking amp! So classy. From your post above it apparently sounds as good as it looks. Congrats and enjoy!

Mudman32 likes this.
  2. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Every Victoria I have ever plugged into has been absolutely magical sounding. I’d love to find one of the brown 3X10 40 watts with reverb and trem at a reasonable price. Congrats and happy birthday!

Mudman32 likes this.
  3. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

That’s awesome! Enjoy. If you record anything with it, post it here so we can hear it.

4. Mudman32

Mudman32 Tele-Meister

I will. My recording spot is unheated, so it may require a warm day or next spring, lol. I may also try to whip something up in the house one of these days. Space is limited at the moment until the kitchen renovation finishes.

5. Mudman32

Mudman32 Tele-Meister

Playing more with the Deluxe. Man oh man this is a very sensitive amp isn't it? Clean to mean with pick attack. Rolling back the volume and plugging into the second input with a les paul gives a beautiful round clean tone. I'm find that I need to back off the mix of my delay, as otherwise it's just muddying up the tone. Very resonant amp. Definitely needs the brakelite for home use. Looking forward to a warmish day where I can bring it out to the barn for some fun. I'll have to play it a bit more with the tele, but I'm really digging the sound. If I had a little niggle, it would be that the bass can get mushy if you're not careful. Playing with the different variations on tone and the interactive volume pots really takes care of that.

Also, it's a LOUD MF with the blue in it.

T-Bone and blues bondsman like this.
  6. John E

John E Friend of Leo's

So cool. That is a great amp. I love everything Victoria, just great amps. Congrats!

T-Bone likes this.
  7. Mudman32

Mudman32 Tele-Meister

Bear with me... First recording in 7 years on recording equipment I've never used before in software I've never used before.

soundcloud.com/awasos/rockabillystrut

AVRI '52 reissue -> el cap -> Vicki 20112 with Blue, z brakelite on 2 (this I've used before, lol). Recorded in Garageband with the sennheiser e906 set to bright. Amp on Bright 1 with volume set to 6 ish, tone around 9, normal off. Bridge pickup only, rolled the volume back at the beginning for the chording and then full up on volume and tone for single note work.

The recording came off a bit muted compared to reality. It's been a long time since I've recorded any electric guitar. I think I had a tiny bit of clipping too in a few spots.

RoscoeElegante likes this.
  8. Mudman32

Mudman32 Tele-Meister

Ask and you shall receive. See above. Even telecaster approved, haha.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.