NAD: used Bogner Atma

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by skerwo, Mar 31, 2021.

1. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Yesterday I got a Bogner Atma for a very reasonable price. It´s a 2 EL84 18 watts amp with two (three) channels, clean, crunch and solo. The crunch channel has two independent gain and volume controls so you can dial in sounds with different gain levels and / or different volume levels. Also the crunch channel has three modes called 60s, 70s and 80s. For the first look I´m very happy with the 60s and 70s mode. I think the modes are self explaining in the Marshall sound range.

The clean channel only has got a volume and tone knob but delivers a wide range of sounds with only these two controls (and an additional three way bright switch). Reinhold Bogner made it possible to choose blackface and tweed style sounds out of this channel by turning the tone knob clockwise - fantastic.

Atma also has a fx loop and a footswitch to choose between the three channels. It works with cabs from 4 to 16 ohms. Very useful is the built-in attenuator from 18 to 5 to 1 watts. 1 watt works very good at home levels, for my rehearsal use the 5 watt mode is more than enough. It´s a real loud beast. Last it´s got a modern / vintage switch for some subtle voicing, I´m more in the vintage mode.

For the vid I choosed the clean channel in a more blackface style on the edge of breakup and the 60s mode with the gain knob for the solo channel almost fully turned up which I like a little bit more than the 70s mode because it´s less bright sounding and delivers enough gain for my kind of music. The crunch setting with a lower gain level. In the loop I use a Palmer analog delay for slapback kind of tones. Whole time with the 5 watts mode at rehearsal level, recorded with my mobile phone. Not demonstrated but tested is using a booster in the loop for solo sounds, worked perfect with my TC spark booster.

The cab is an open 1x10 loaded with an Eminence Ramrod. Guitar is my custom made Unicut LP jr with hb in the bridge and p90 in the neck position.

2. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

Sounds very cool. It has a nice vintage grind. Enjoy rocking out!

skerwo likes this.
  3. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

HNAD! Great sound.

skerwo likes this.
  4. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's

Sounds great. Bogner builds great stuff.

skerwo likes this.
  5. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Pic of the Atma with the small 1x10 cab.

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I´ll try the Atma with my Bluguitar 1x12 fatcab in our rehearsal room. I´m very curious because this 1x12 is a fantastic cab.

That Cal Webway likes this.
  6. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Here's a longer vid of the Atma with the Bluguitar Fatcab. German descriptions but sounds are international ;).

And my rearranged pedal board for using with the Atma.

20210407_193112.jpg 20210407_192640.jpg

That Cal Webway likes this.
  7. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice!
    Bogner amps are great.

skerwo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.