NAD! The Bandit has landed.

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I traded my ailing Hot Rod Deluxe for a current generation Bandit not long after they came out.

I've had a bunch of Peavey amps, with my favorite being a Red Stripe Studio Pro.

That Bandit sounded fantastic. 25% power, can't remember the damping setting I used...but it sounded a lot like a tube Tweed to my ears.

The speaker simulated line out worked great.

The only issue I had was the bulk, or I guess the shape of the amp. It was awkward to carry and to fit in my crew cab truck, and I think if I'd kept it I would have put handles on the sides like a PA cab.

As Jakedog stated, like a lot of Peavey amps, it was unbelievably loud.

If I got another new Peavey, I'd probably go with an Envoy. Same setup, slightly less power, 10" speaker. I could have gotten by easily with one before.

Congratulations, that Bandit will serve you well, probably for life.

srblue5

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats on the amp! I have a Bandit 65 that sounds great at home and live. My bandmate has some kind of boutique type tube amp and my Bandit keeps up with it (if anything, I like the way the Bandit sounds better but that’s just my opinion ;)).

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I wasn’t using the DV, and loaned it to a friend. After a bit it seemed obvious that he needed it much more than I did (meaning I had seven amps at that time and he had none) so I told him to just keep it. I miss it sometimes, but I have so much cool stuff, and it found a good home.

I haven’t tried the TMTR, but I’m really not a Fender amp guy. I had a Tonemaster Super for two days. I tried it in the store out of sheer curiosity and it sounded soooooo good. Took it to an outdoor gig the next day and just hated everything about that experience. So back it went.

I’ve done two gigs with the Bandit now, and so far I’m digging it. I’ll gig it again tomorrow night. So far so good.

Cool! I'm a Fender guy. If you're not, the Tone Master amps aren't for you. They sound, to me at least, 95% the same. I will say, having owned a real Twin(a blackfaced 1970) the Blonde TM, with its Celestion Neo Creambacks, is an even better sounding pedal platform for rock and blues. The plusses just outweigh the minuses for gigs. Light(33lbs) but still big stage filling 2x12 sound, good reverb and trem, has a bright switch that I can turn off and a middle control I can crank(all my favorite Fenders had both). The DI works great, and I can get all that at any volume.

If Fender did a TM Brown amp like a Super or Deluxe or brown VibroVerb , that to me would be interesting . The Black/Silverface mid-scoop thing never works for me without a raw mod or some such…

But a Brown Deluxe with added bells/whistles/power settings/attenuation ?

If anyone has had the pleasure of playing through an original, there’s something grind-y and Marshallish about them - but brutally loud.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
If Fender did a TM Brown amp like a Super or Deluxe or brown VibroVerb , that to me would be interesting . The Black/Silverface mid-scoop thing never works for me without a raw mod or some such…

If anyone has had the pleasure of playing through an original, there’s something grind-y and Marshallish about them - but brutally loud.
I would shell out in a heartbeat for a brown Vibrolux.

Plaid Sabbath

TDPRI Member
Bandits are so damn cool. I’ve had a few different ones over the years. Tough and reliable (good match for Telecasters).

Mine is similar to the OP. Fantastic all-around amp. Probably the best back up amp someone could have in their stash.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Dos Banditos.
I thought someone said Tostitos… hey these aren’t even the right brand… talk about who needs their readers!!!
image.jpg

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's
Did a quick phone vid earlier today. Used the 3 different “modes” on the lead channel. Same settings for everything. Used a Player Plus Tele (with noiseless single coils) and a Boss BD-2w for a boost on each setting.

I didn’t even have to finish the video to tell those were all usable tones… heck every tone is usable somewhere.

I particularly liked the phasing effect-

The youngest may not know it but that’s the way we used to do it in the big studios-you got your body in there in between the mic-don’t even get me started on the flanging.

With mild trepidation I expect people to prove me wrong with some unusable tones.

TwoBear

Friend of Leo's

I had one of these given to me without reverb tank, cabinet and speaker. Do not need it and wold not get much for it. Probably make a cabinet for it and give it to a Sally Ann thrift store.
I’m not sure about the Reverb but I bet the cabinet and speaker make up a lot of its sound… sorry JK. LT