NAD: Sadness turns to happiness...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bluesholyman, Oct 22, 2021.

1. bluesholyman

bluesholyman Friend of Leo's

I bought a Laney Cub 10 about a week ago and a few days later it gave up the farm, had to return it to the store - just died after humming for a short bit.

I was looking for another small wattage combo to practice at home with, take on trips, that could be manageable at home and perhaps in a hotel room. The price was right on this, not too much more than what I paid for the Laney, so I plugged into it and couldn't find a bad sound - even the higher gain stuff was doable with the right eq settings.

Never been a fan of the original reissue Bassbreakers (those grey ones,) they all sounded too dark/stifled to me, but this one has a Celestion greenback in it and that seems to make all the difference in the world. The green color with that wheat colored grill cloth looks sharp. Feel like I need to put a union jack on it or maybe a racing stripe. Great sounding amp and immensely versatile. I think this could do the trick.

5444B085-08E2-4354-B7B8-2AE850FCE96D.jpeg 32694099-82FC-4856-B373-F024EE5E9F0E.jpeg

2. Rockinvet

Rockinvet Tele-Afflicted

Looking good! Glad it worked out for you. Im intrigued by those amps.

bluesholyman likes this.
  3. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Poster Extraordinaire

:cool::cool::cool:
    Congratulations and happy NAD!

bluesholyman likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.