NAD! Quilter Aviator Cub

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
Purchased this Quilter Aviator Cub from GC via the web for easy returns if necessary. I don't think it's going to be necessary. I'm no expert but it sounds really, really great to me. If you have one of these and have any tips, I'd appreciate it.
Quilter 1.jpg Quilter 2.jpg

USian Pie

Tele-Holic
From my experience with the Tone Block 202, the Limiter can do a lot to maximize output while keeping the sound clean. Find the Gain setting where it starts to distort, then try dialing the Limiter to remove the distortion.

I find the right balance between Gain and Limiter really helps on my archtop. That guitar has a neck P90 strung with .12s and it's really easy to push the amp into breakup. It's not a pleasant warm Wes Montgomery-sounding breakup so I try to avoid it.

D_Malone

Tele-Holic
From my experience with the Tone Block 202, the Limiter can do a lot to maximize output while keeping the sound clean. Find the Gain setting where it starts to distort, then try dialing the Limiter to remove the distortion.

This is really good advice based on my experience with the Quilter MicroPro Mach 2 and Overdrive 202, and it’s how I dial mine it, too. Cleans are rich and complex with just the right amount of compression, and dirt pedals sound/feel great.

Say what you will about Quilter’s overdrive. I’m not a fan, honestly, but the clean sound is killer, and dirt pedals sound great.