NAD- Positive Grid Spark 40

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Actually it's been here sitting in the box for a week and a day. Family tragedy kept me from feeling at all like checking it out, until today.

Jumped on the limited time discount they were offering awhile back, thinking well, I in no way need this, but I think it might be a hoot, and I bet I could turn it around in pretty short order if I found it not to my liking...

HOLY CRAP you guys.
I mean, it's just a practice amp yes.
But just going through the presets tells me it's probably the greatest practice amp ever.
And that's without fine tuning anything or using the app or the "teach the amp a chord progression", or the "feed us a youtube and we'll spit out the chords" features at all, so far. All the great things you've heard are true, and honestly I can't understand how a couple people have said "meh"

It's loud enough I think you could likely use it for band rehearsal, as long as your drummer wasn't super heavy-handed

And, I see no reason you couldn't gig with this, miced up. To best facilitate that they'd have some kind of footswitching ability,but, I bet that's in the works for V2

Informal

Tele-Afflicted
Run it to a Headrush (or similar powered FRFR cab) and be prepared for SWEETNESS!

The clean sound is just heavenly IMO.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Run it to a Headrush (or similar powered FRFR cab) and be prepared for SWEETNESS!

The clean sound is just heavenly IMO.
How about the more driven sounds through that Headrush? It does seem that maybe the cleans are more it's forte', but I wonder if a lot of that isn't due to the limitations of the small speakers
Boy the reverbs on this thing are something else. Just amazing.

I find myself wishing it was more than it was. I would really love to check out a footswitchable like, 1X12 combo version of this. If something like that is in the works someday, that'd be awesome

Informal

Tele-Afflicted
How about the more driven sounds through that Headrush? It does seem that maybe the cleans are more it's forte', but I wonder if a lot of that isn't due to the limitations of the small speakers
Boy the reverbs on this thing are something else. Just amazing.

I find myself wishing it was more than it was. I would really love to check out a footswitchable like, 1X12 combo version of this. If something like that is in the works someday, that'd be awesome

The driven patches sound good, In another thread here, I think I mentioned they were about on par with a Katana or Mustang (IMO)

bowman

Friend of Leo's
I just got one, too. So far, I'm impressed, but I've barely had time to do anything with it - haven't used the Bluetooth or even connected the USB cable; so I haven't used any of the features that are the main selling points. I'm going to dive into it in a few days. Right now I'm just using an iPad to control the internal models and effects- which is a cool thing in itself. I think I'm gonna like it.

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
Actually it's been here sitting in the box for a week and a day. Family tragedy kept me from feeling at all like checking it out, until today.

Jumped on the limited time discount they were offering awhile back, thinking well, I in no way need this, but I think it might be a hoot, and I bet I could turn it around in pretty short order if I found it not to my liking...

HOLY CRAP you guys.
I mean, it's just a practice amp yes.
But just going through the presets tells me it's probably the greatest practice amp ever.
And that's without fine tuning anything or using the app or the "teach the amp a chord progression", or the "feed us a youtube and we'll spit out the chords" features at all, so far. All the great things you've heard are true, and honestly I can't understand how a couple people have said "meh"

It's loud enough I think you could likely use it for band rehearsal, as long as your drummer wasn't super heavy-handed

And, I see no reason you couldn't gig with this, miced up. To best facilitate that they'd have some kind of footswitching ability,but, I bet that's in the works for V2

How are you liking it by now? I just ordered mine a couple days ago and I'm eagerly waiting. I pre-ordered it back in February but canceled the order due to some uncertainty at my job.

I'm thinking it's going to be a game changer for me. Usually if I can hear something I can play it. When things get tough to hear I have a hard time. So being able to slow down any song on YouTube and have more control is something I'm really looking forward to. Plus I'm not much of a pedal guy, so really looking forward to all those options.

Tele_Luvr

TDPRI Member
I don’t have one, but there’s a review of it in the latest Guitar World. I’m particularly interested in the Smart Jam feature, which adds bass and drums to anything you want to play. That sounds really appealing to me, you get your own bass and drums accompaniment to anything you want to play.

I wonder if that feature is patented by Positive Grid? If not, I’d like to see if that Smart Jam technology might be implemented by competitors @ an even cheaper price? That stuff is definitely worth looking into by “bedroom wankers” like me :)