NAD - Peavey Envoy 110

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Mexitele Blues, Feb 10, 2019.

1. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Holic

The blue marvels in the delta blues are not the same speaker that’s in the Envoy. Here’s what I did for a speaker out. There is already a hole in the bottom of the chassis big enough for switchcraft switching jack . I wired one in between the speaker out on the board and the internal speaker . If I want to run it into an 8 ohm cab I just plug it into the switching jack and it automatically defeats the internal speaker turning the amp into a 40 watt head . And it sounds really good like that also:)

Mexitele Blues likes this.
  2. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

The blue marvel on mine says 6 ohm....

dunno if that matters in swapping out, which I won't mine is broken in and sounds awesome.

3. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Holic

6 ohms to eight ohms won’t matter on a solids state amp. Just don’t go lower than 6 ohms . My mod 10/50 is more efficient than the stock speaker and louder even though technically the amp isn’t putting as many watts with the 8 ohm speaker. The mod speaker truly open the amp up . It take away a lot of the boxiness . It almost sounds as big as a 12”

4. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Holic

Great tip, thank you.

I stopped into a couple pawn shops to look for some tools earlier this week, and what did I see in the corner but another identical Envoy 110. So now I have two but no tile saw. This one looks much more used and sounds much more mellow than the first, so I think the first is due for some continued speaker break-in despite being 17 years old.

I gotta stop buying amps for a few weeks.

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  5. doggy1972

doggy1972 Tele-Meister

Bought this little amp last week. 40 GBP on Ebay.
    Wow! Drive channel is a monster.
    Played a weekend gig wired through an 8 ohm closed back 1x12. Had to boost the clean channel a bit with a Tube screamer but, it kept up with a 4 piece band no problem. Drive channel was on half volume. Riding the volume with controlled feedback when the guitars volume was dimed. Got told to turn down :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.