NAD...ORange Crush 35RT

jklemm18

TDPRI Member
I have recently returned to electric playing after years of primarily acoustic. I first bought a Jazzmaster and a Spark amp. That was a decent set up to get me up and running again but I knew that I craved a simpler option. not really a fan of a million different options and I find myself in analysis paralysis instead of just playing. When I got my 70th anniversary Esquire I knew I wanted a new amp with a simple set up. I did audition the Boss Katana (not simple I know but I felt I would be remiss if I did not at least try). I could not for the life of me get a decent sound. So it came down to an Orange Crush 35rt, Blues Junior, Pro Junior and my dream amp a Custom 57 Champ reissue. Well I would be lying if price were not an issue so the Champ was ruled out. Next I wanted to decide tube or solid state. For my needs and ears ( and wallet) I decided on the Orange. I love the clean tone with my little single coil monster and the dirty can get pretty greasy. I would like to someday get a tube amp but think I would had out for a Champ. At bedroom levels the Blues Junior would have been wasted and the Orange retains its tone regardless of volume which can literally blow the window out of my office. Anyways, off to play. Take care.

Paul G.

Friend of Leo's
I have the earlier version, 35ldx. It is a fine little amp that sounds great. I grab it for jams, rehearsals, etc. It'll keep up with a band, sounds great at home, is small and light. Great, simple design, no modeling, just a great sounding SS amplifier.

jklemm18

TDPRI Member
Thanks Paul…I’ve tried to love modeling and can see where the attraction is but I just go down a rabbit hole and never really accomplish much. In five minutes I had a good tone and was ready to go..very happy.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I’ve tried the Katanas several times. I can’t get a decent sound out of one, either.

I love my 35RT. Love it. I use it at home because it has an Aux in and headphone out, so it’s a great tool for learning guitar or bass tunes silently.

I also set it up once a week as the second guitar amp for our jam night at a local bar. That little guy screams. It has no problem keeping up with a band. I also keep it around as a backup, and often will toss it in the car if headed out to a gig that’s not close to home. Just in case. It’s a great grab and go for pretty much any situation.

IMO this model is worth so much more than what it costs. Congrats on a great little amp.

Winky

Tele-Holic
I have one of these in my "cart" right now. I think I'm going to go with it.

Dana Rudd

Tele-Afflicted
Congrats on the Orange, glad to hear it's a simple amp to get good sounds.
Never had the opportunity to try one out.
Enjoy yours and HNAD.

jklemm18

TDPRI Member
Thanks for the input. Just to note, still really enjoying it and I have begun to add some pedals as well. It has a really nice clean channel but I added a Boss Blues Driver Waza and it gives it a nice creamy crunch. Also added a Boss Delay Waza into the effects loop and with the onboard revel t create some really nice ambiance. IMO you cant go wrong especially for under three bills. I had considered the Katana line but honestly would rather go with a simple interface that I can pick and choose my effects as I go. Also, it is both great at bedroom levels ad peel the paint levels.