1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD - (not exactly what I ordered..)

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by natec, Nov 25, 2020.

1. natec

natec Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Ordered an AC4TVH from musician's friend (used... aka Guitar Center) for $169. Figured what the heck I'll give it a try. UPS dropped off a box today - and inside is an AC4TV8 (8" combo).

It has a speaker out... so I can still use it for a head. I assume its a little heavier than the head would be, but I'm thinking I'll just keep it and maybe once in a while use it as a combo.

This one has 1/10, 1, and 4w settings - whereas the head is 1/4, 1, and 4w. I'm guessing that isn't a meaningful difference?

emisilly likes this.
  2. jrblue

jrblue Friend of Leo's

Sorry for the screwup. I love 10" speakers, which as many bass amps demonstrate, can handle lows nicely. 8s can sound good to a mike, but otherwise are somewhat deficient IMO, making this combo more limited and awk. than the head would have been. I'd return it, personally, as combining the head wioth a 10 or 12 would be bliss, not the compromise that the 8 is.

kookaburra, String Tree and DrPepper like this.
  3. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Another vote for return. I agree with jrblue.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.