NAD Mustang IV. 2

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by wayloncash, Jan 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. wayloncash

wayloncash Tele-Afflicted

Yep, just got this monster sized amp, I didn't realize it was this big, but that's ok I won't be toting it anywhere for a couple of months. So I plugged her in last night and was pretty impressed overall. First I played a little music through aux line, at first it worried me, sounded boxy and a little unclear, but I turned the volume up a little and let it play on it seemed to get much better.

Then I plugged in just my a/e, and worked my way through factory presets, most weren't to my liking, but there was a few gems on there I could see using as a base to modify. I really liked the amp selection though, just plain factory setting and the Princeton reverb and 57 twin really caught my attention. Will be plugging in Tele tonight, didn t have it at the house last night when amp arrived.
    I see that this amp user manual is very brief and you must go online to get full info. I see what you mean by learning curve, but if you can program one of those newer stereo systems its the same thing just more options per preset.
    Will be getting down on that here soon. I am very satisfied with this purchase so far. 20170125_184734.jpg

2. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

wayloncash likes this.
  3. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Just a quick thing: for the A/E, I would recommend a setting based on the Studio Pre, though I think the 65 Twin may also yield solid results.

Congrats on the new amp! Loads of fun in those Mustangs.

wayloncash likes this.
  4. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nice! I have an MIII V2. Love that thing.

I wonder if anyone else here would be all over a Mustang 3.5 with a pair of 10's? That would be wicked!

I thought about the IV - but I did not need the extra volume. I do love Fenders with two speakers, though.

wayloncash likes this.
  5. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

I'd like to know if the stereo effects are noticeable with the close proximity of the two speakers.

6. wayloncash

Double post, sorry.

7. wayloncash

Actually, in regards to aux line, this kinda worried me, almost like it was only using one speaker, but I used a different aux line and it corrected the problem.

On the guitar side it is pretty good, there is a preset called black hole sound or something like that, but it mimics black hole Sun tone, and echoes all around pretty well.

rburd2 likes this.
  8. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

I made a patch called " Waylon's tone" used with the option of adding a hair of phase on the Tele. It worked well for me.......sounded great on Amanda, Luckenbach Texas etc.....IIRC, it was based off the Twin...sounded nice with the Mustang III running through an additional speaker to get the stereo effect from the phase.

Congrats on your Mustang IV purchase. You'll get some nice bottom end out of that. How'd you get it to sound "boxy"..?...LOL...that would take some work.

wayloncash likes this.
  9. The Little Guy

The Little Guy Tele-Meister

I have a III v2 and a IV v1. The IV is definitely my favorite, even as an older version. Congrats!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.