1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD - MOOSE II !

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Pasta Player, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Pasta Player

Pasta Player Tele-Meister

Au contraire, mon ami. (Well maybe if you’re playing a bass through it?) Seems that my strat, tele and an ASAT Classic here absolutely love it!
    (Haven’t tried humbuckers or a bass through it yet.)

This MOOSE II is an absolute beast… with merely a simple reverb or echo pedal added. Bedroom amp / “noodler” (next to the coffee table).
    Or “Down on the corner, out in the street…”.

Face A!.png

The “least portable” of all the early portables (30 pounds with batteries) - the Moose II was possibly the last offering in Lectrosonics’ evolution of the solid state, battery powered portable amps before they stopped producing amps altogether. The Mouse, the Maxi-Mouse, the Moose and the Moose II all used a very similar circuit board with just a few “added bits” along the way. Think that the Mouse was rated @ 7 Watts and the Maxi-Mouse @ 9 Watts. Can’t find specs anywhere for the Moose or Moose II. (Maxi-Mouse board on top here below.) Note additional Ti opamp on the Moose board. (Click on smaller images to view.)

MeMM-M.png

TopA!.png

I don’t have a Mini-Mouse or a Moose 1 but I’m very pleased with this near 100% perfect example of the Moose II.
    (That’s a Maxi-Mouse covered in carbon fiber below. I stole its’ batteries for the Moose.)

MMbatts.png

Unable to snag a Moose… this Moose II came to me from Albuquerque New Mexico (they were made in Albuquerque) and it’s a bit larger than the original Moose, from what I can glean from the picture below. THANK YOU Miles! (The Moose was “tuned to lower octaves for bass instruments”.) I assume that they boosted the output, added another input, made it larger and changed it from horizontal to vertical. The Moose 1 looks more like a Mouse or a Maxi-Mouse.

M1.png

So now, guess I’m just about finished collecting the early, solid state portables… unless someone has a PAiA Gemini, a Mini-Mouse or a Moose 1? And maybe now… finally, I can get around to refinishing and resurrecting the two Petros 1 amps that have been patiently awaiting their turn here. Is there a bass in my future? I keep hearing that bass line from Jethro Tull’s “Teacher” in my head.:twisted:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.