NAD Mesa Boogie Fillmore 100 combo + 1X12 23" ext. cab

itguy61

NEW MEMBER!
I love my fillmore 50 combo (and the 23" matching 1x12 cab). For short moment I thought whether I should take it back within the 30 day period and upgrade to a 100 because it doesn't seem like there is as much clean headroom as a 50 watt should be. But for me the fillmore 50 seems to be perfect in most situations. I can get it right in that sweet spot for the outdoor gigs I've been doing lately. Lots of clean headroom at home. The gain tones that I use on the second channel has really ruined me for using pedal OD.

After going through several other Mesa's and boutiques I am in the same position. This is one seriously underrated amp. I am loving it. Talk about a classic rock monster. Killer pedal platform on the clean if that is your thing as well.

Tarkiner

Tele-Meister
What do you reckon is going on here? What's the screw for? Just noticed it when I was about to crank it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/51623481377/in/dateposted-public/

Edit: All good, it is a tension screw and is completely normal in the amp. The screw has been hand tightened at the factory to help minimize buzzes and rattles between the chassis and the cabinet. TF I didn't bugger round with it.
dateposted-public

Last edited:

T-Bone

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I recently bought my first Mesa. The baby of the family, a Mark 5:25 10”. I am blown away by the quality and the tones that can come out of this little fellow. I knew that Mesa Boogie was famous for their overdriven tones, but the cleans are also stunning! Once you get your favourite tones dialled in, you can stop thinking about all those knobs, and just play.

Happy NAD! Enjoy your new Monster Mesa!