NAD: Marshall Studio Vintage SV20C MK II

ReIgnition

Tele-Meister
Hi guys I got a new Marshall "baby blue plexi" and I love it. I've had it about a month and played it a bunch of ways, primarily with the clean and dirty channels jumped. It sounds good with my Strat or my Gibsons

Over the years I have moved to smaller combo's with selectable or low wattage and I'm pretty happy with all of my amp gear.

I made 4 pedalboards that I put on a small table in front of my music stand. I'm just enjoying my pedals more when I can hand activate them, especially with a new amp, I can tweak them without kneeling on the floor (I'm old). The pedalboards are CIOKS powered plugged into a Furman PST6 15A AC not in the picture. Clean

thumbnail_IMG_0015.jpg

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
Awesome amp! I love the SV20C, it really nails the classic plexi tone at a reasonable size, volume and price. I was thinking about getting one but ultimately went with the lower priced Origin 20c to scratch that Marshall itch. The significantly lower price was a big factor, but ultimately the Origin's JMP voicing actually works better for me. Still, money no object, I would love to get a SV20 as well.

ReIgnition

Tele-Meister
Awesome amp! I love the SV20C, it really nails the classic plexi tone at a reasonable size, volume and price. I was thinking about getting one but ultimately went with the lower priced Origin 20c to scratch that Marshall itch. The significantly lower price was a big factor, but ultimately the Origin's JMP voicing actually works better for me. Still, money no object, I would love to get a SV20 as well.

Pricing is what made me go with Reverb... it is expensive new

Rufus

Friend of Leo's
I purchased the SV20H head from Sweetwater about a month ago.
Due to my purchase history with them, I got about $150 off the MAP.

I'm still experimenting and figuring out the sounds, but I love the amp!
I'm trying different 10' speaker combinations with it.
I also have a Marshall 425a (4x12") cab from my Vintage Modern amp that sounds great.

ReIgnition

Tele-Meister
I purchased the SV20H head from Sweetwater about a month ago.
Due to my purchase history with them, I got about $150 off the MAP.

I'm still experimenting and figuring out the sounds, but I love the amp!
I'm trying different 10' speaker combinations with it.
I also have a Marshall 425a (4x12") cab from my Vintage Modern amp that sounds great.

The 3 amps in the photo are it... That's all I got. I do have a little Blackstar HT1 too. I was holding on to my big cabinets for sentimental reasons (I'm older). BUT- I saw the Foo Fighters doing this big concert with combos on stage. Not all combos... but enough with a few Mesa heads in racks and some 2x12 horizontal cabs. So I just made the move to combos. The big cabs were taking up a lotta room in my practice space too. I put a nice speaker in that PRRI'65 and all 3 amps sound boss. I'm happy and I love Marshall. I'm done with buying amps.

BobbyB

Tele-Afflicted
Hi guys I got a new Marshall "baby blue plexi" and I love it. I've had it about a month and played it a bunch of ways, primarily with the clean and dirty channels jumped. It sounds good with my Strat or my Gibsons

Over the years I have moved to smaller combo's with selectable or low wattage and I'm pretty happy with all of my amp gear.

I made 4 pedalboards that I put on a small table in front of my music stand. I'm just enjoying my pedals more when I can hand activate them, especially with a new amp, I can tweak them without kneeling on the floor (I'm old). The pedalboards are CIOKS powered plugged into a Furman PST6 15A AC not in the picture. Clean

View attachment 1051717
Looks like a sweet setup with plenty of versatility. Im using my NUX Cerberus multi effect through a Princeton reissue with a 12 inch Celestion Creamback. LOVE that amp.