NAD - Marsh Blues King Reverb

Durvoid

TDPRI Member
I just received a new amp: Marsh Blues King Reverb Amp (‘63 2X10 Vibroverb). Have only played this a few hours so far and will hopefully get a more comprehensive review out later.

I had Mike add a few mods: 5881 for 6L6GC power tubes, 5U4GB rectifier for the 5AR4, post PI MV (out of circuit when not engaged), a NFB toggle between the stock setting and zero NFB, and a modded Normal channel. I also loaded it with the Tone Tubby Silver Bullet Alnico 10’s. The Normal channel has a super reverb pre-amp with an added mid-pot (back of chassis). The midrange values have been increased past the stock SR settings and provide a huge midrange boost. Reverb has also been added and both channels are in phase.

Playing it so far without pedals (my preferred mode), the bias wiggle tremolo is lush and swampy, and the reverb sounds better to me than the blackface version. (I don’t think I will be missing my DRRI at all with this amp.) The combination of the tremolo and the 2 speakers make for a hypnotic 3D sound. I am looking forward to finding more great sounds from this amp!!

Blues King Reverb (2).jpg
Silver Bullet Speakers (2).jpg
Gut shot (2).jpg

Chassis Bottom (2).jpg

Attachments

• Blues King Reverb (2).jpg
    Blues King Reverb (2).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Silver Bullet Speakers (2).jpg
    Silver Bullet Speakers (2).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Gut shot (2).jpg
    Gut shot (2).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Chassis Bottom (2).jpg
    Chassis Bottom (2).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 22

deeval

TDPRI Member
I have a Marsh Springfield also 2-10 combo with the overlord mod, its his take on the Dumble OD, and its on the normal channel and does a great OD job.
The vibrato channel is pure vintage Vibrolux tone
great hand wired amps at reasonable price.

bigben55

Friend of Leo's
Damn, that's badass. It's like a dream amp, a conglomeration of every single thing one could want thrown into an amp! If you would, PM me the price and lead time.