NAD Laney VC15-110

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by schotter611, Nov 19, 2019.

1. schotter611

schotter611 Tele-Holic

As a Yamaha THR5 home user the announcement of the new THRII line fired up my GAS. The Yamaha had been the remedy to my 'small tube amp for home use' craze which made me go through Super Champs, PRRIs, AC10s, Bassbreakers, a Laney L5TI (which I shockingly did not dig)...but as much as I like the modeler, I always missed that great clean sound I'd get from a real cab/combo. Out of all these amps I regret selling my PRRI most. So I reconsidered, initially in favour of a Super Champ X2 (close enough to the PRRI in my book as I had already owned both) which I almost ordered the day I ran into the VC15 in a thrift instrument shop. Kinda unassuming looking but I grabbed it for 200 and change. I am pretty floored by its clean tone. A bit like my PRRI when dialling Bass and Treble down (which I always did). And with an inefficient speaker (WGS Vet) I can get a hint of breakup/snarl in the living room. Loudish but not pumping-out-my-windows loud. Then there's the drive channel which isn't too shabby and a real spring reverb (not Fender drippy huge though), effects loop, very portable...great amp! Will take it to rehearsal this weekend, expecting some pretty breakup. However, this is definitively a cool amp at low volumes. Although discontinued.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  2. schotter611

schotter611 Tele-Holic

...at home I use it as head, face-down and connected to the external cab. I am sort of Fender-trained and like the front panel access.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    kookaburra and GuitarPix like this.
  3. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Congrats!

A friend has a couple, and he gets good sounds from them! I gigged the LC version for a few years. I regret selling that one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.