1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD: Laney Lionheart L5t (again!)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by markal, Feb 26, 2021.

1. markal

markal Tele-Holic

Making up for dumb decisions I made in the past. I bought this same amp a few years ago for a really great price on Reverb. I liked it a lot. After a year or so, I thought, it’s awfully heavy for a 5-watt amp, not very practical. I sold it. Fast forward and over the last couple months I’ve been thinking I want[​IMG] a low watt tube amp again. Dummy! I found a used one at a Guitar Center in Tennessee and took the chance of having it shipped to me in Colorado. Got it this morning and after a quick 5 or 10 minute test it sounds great. Everything seems to be in very good condition (but, man, GC ought to put a little more effort into properly packing amps for shipping...different story, different thread).

While it’s only 5 watts it pumps enough volume to hang in at blues jams as long as the drummer is not Animal. But it’s just quiet enough that I can occasional crank it up to get power tube break up at home. That’s not something I’d do regularly, but I’ll take it into our large family room in our basement and stand 20 feet away and have some fun!

2. marshman

marshman Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I’ve been GASsing a Lionheart for a while, I recall the reviews being really good, and I’ve loved the SE tones I’ve been able to draw from my Valve Jr, and thought this looked like a very well-made refinement of the SE, 5-watt machine. Enjoy!

markal likes this.
  3. tweeet

tweeet Tele-Afflicted

I've had my LT20 112 for three years now...I've used it with my Tele (SD's SSL3's) strat config...and my Ric 660...it's by far the best amp I've ever owned...sparkly cleans and a great overdrive....the only downside is it's heavy ! Not as heavy as the bus like Vox ac30...but it is what it is....and I luvs it !

markal likes this.
  4. tweeet

tweeet Tele-Afflicted

PS. I got mine for £650....they are now going for upwards of £800 !!

5. 19sixty3

19sixty3 Tele-Meister

Congratulation. You've done everything right. The little Laney's are keepers. I will definitely not give mine!

D90580F9-2F46-4435-A0E9-3749144E2265.jpeg

Digital Larry, VWAmTele and markal like this.
  6. markal

markal Tele-Holic

I was very tempted by the head. I bet that sounds glorious through a large cab.

19sixty3 likes this.
  7. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's

Cool I have an L5 Studio head also. Got it used at GC for about 2/3 retail. One knob is scratchy. Works well and sounds different from my Mesa Boogie.

8. greenhornet

greenhornet Tele-Meister

Great use for books!

markal likes this.
  9. markal

markal Tele-Holic

Yeah, that’s a recent discovery. Seems to cut down on the bass frequencies resonating around the room.

greenhornet and kaludjerko like this.
  10. 19sixty3

19sixty3 Tele-Meister

This little guy is a really big one! The head through the Laney LT112 is nothing short of amazing. I've used the Laney for almost everything now. At home, in the studio, and also live. If it gets too loud, a Seymour Duncan PowerStage in the Loop gives him a few vitamins and everything is fine.

markal likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.