NAD - Lab Series L5

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Ex-riverman, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Doc, that frequency and midrange control section is a parametric EQ. The frequency is selectable and then one can either cut or boost the selected frequency range. With the Midrange control at ‘noon’...zero, you can sweep the freq range all you want and nothing happens.
    Re: “the volume on 2”......dime the master volume and then turn the channel volume to 2. What does that do? There is something wrong with that Multifilter section if it is drastically affecting volume.

2. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Meister

OK, I think I get that. I'll play with it.
    Master dimed and channel volume at two is unreal clean. Then the multiflter affects the frequencies, nothing like gain. It's when the channel volume is dimed that it adds grit ... if that makes sense.

That is a complex amp my friend ! Thanks for the help.

3. Wally

Yes, it has some variables. I got to know them well. The Lo input has more gain as the manual says it was intended for low output pickups. And.....with that Midrange control, yes it can affect gain. It is active. Increase the mids and you will move toward a hot tweed amp. Keep fiddlin’ with things. There is a lot to deal with there.

4. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Meister

Thanks for the tips.
    Is there a manual ? I looked for one.

5. Wally

My manual and all of the other orig8nal paperwork went with my L5 when I sold it about 3 months ago. I think I have one more copy here. PM me with your address.....or...there are some copies for sale online usually. All I ask is that if someone needs one you would pass a copy on. Keep the good karma working, eh?

6. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Meister

That would be great ! Couldn't find it online.

So you bought it new ?

I'm in Canada, but I use a parcel service in Vermont minutes from my place. You could send it there.

Jean Gaudet
    Pinnacle Parcels
    308 S. Main Street
    Richford VT 05476

If it's not huge, I could scan it and put it out there. If not I can make copies for sure.

7. Wally

Coming at you, Jean.

8. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Meister

Cool, merci !

9. Ex-riverman

Ex-riverman Tele-Holic

Beautiful. Congratulations.
    I love this amp. Mine is slightly different with reddish gold background and orange lettering. Very difficult to see the controls. My eyes don’t help.
    I don’t know much about amps or have very broad experience but it really seems like this covers an incredible range of sounds. I’d like to see someone dial in different amp settings and compare the sound to the famous vintage amps. If they aren’t there, I don’t care as this has plenty of cool sounds to play with. I don’t know why it was as cheap as it was, but I’m sure grateful for the great deal and all the great info I’ve received here.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.