1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD - Kemper

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by sir humphrey, Mar 19, 2014.

1. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

Just bought me a Kemper profiler - not sure why, other than I keep getting seduced by the idea that digital will get it right one day.

First impressions are pretty good. My biggest worry was that digital rarely does clean well and I play mostly clean. Anything with a bit of hair on it sounds very good on the Kemper.

As it stands, the problem I have is that there are just too many clean sounds to choose from, so I'm not sure which will work best, particularly in a live setting.

Overall, I'm far more impressed by it than other digital amps I've tried, but not quite as impressed as I am by my tube amps.

On the other hand, I could really do with the ability to switch from clean Fender to dirty Marshall at a gig and don't want to carry multiple amps.

As with all new gear, the proof will be when I gig with it - so will know a lot more about it after next weekend. But for the first gig at least, I'll have the Deluxe Reverb as back up!

2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Let us know --that is suppose to be the state of the state

3. vincent

vincent Tele-Holic

Congrats! I'd like to get one in the near future. Let us know how it works out. How would you run it as far as your monitoring goes? With an Active Speaker Cab, or have the sound guy run it back to a monitor wedge or via in-ear monitor mix? Just curious.

4. jspartz

jspartz Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Cool. I have been debating the idea more and more. A good friend has one and LOVES his. He also has been building profiles of his amps and a few of my amps which are getting positive reviews on the Kemper forum. http://www.topjimi.com/

Something to consider. If you try any out, let me know what you think. A number of the non-marshall amps are mine including the '64 bassman (AA864) in the photo.

Jason

5. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

I'm going to run it through the PA and use the monitor, but also have a powered speaker on stage for additional monitoring (I may not need this, but just in case for the first gig with it).

I've seen the top Jimi profiles but not used one yet. I was thinking about trying the bassman so maybe I will now! Did get some from a site called The Amp Factory - really like the Champ profile so far.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.