1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD- Joyo JTA-05 Sweet Baby

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Millebern, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Millebern

Millebern Tele-Meister

I saw this one for $250 new here in Canada and I couldn't refuse. What a great little amp! I've never played a real Fender Champ before so I can't really compare but I sure like the sound of this thing. From what I've seen on Youtube, this amp sounds pretty close to the real deal. Very happy with my purchase.

2. Alex_C

Alex_C Tele-Meister

Joyo makes some decent sounding stuff.

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  3. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

I bought 4 JOYO pedals this year!- just curious to try a few things, and all cheap.

I got both the Joyo American Sound and British Sound direct/ amp emulator pedals ( Fender and Marshall style, respectively)

*IMO, these 2 are a little redundant, sounded pretty similar to me- but both are very friendly ( nice gradual tapering on all Controls), and sound good. I am keeping the American and selling the British on CL. These are different from 'Amp in a box' pedals which seem to focus more of the distorted side of Classic amps- whereas the Joyos seem to give you good clean/slightly dirty amp tones to pair up with OD's

- got the Vintage Overdrive as I wanted a Tube Screamer type and did not have one at the time- this is very nice- great range of all 3 controls

- got the JOYO Sweet Baby ( MP Sweet Honey OD clone) wanted to pair up a lower Gain OD with my SG (into clean amps)- IMO it is like a clean boost that you can dirty up a bit too- subtle, which is what I wanted.

Edit- apology for JOYO pedal derail, I just get excited

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Alex_C likes this.
  4. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

Can you post a few pics? Thanks

5. Millebern

Millebern Tele-Meister

Here's a couple of quick pics:
    20201205_105355.jpg 20201205_105423.jpg

Alex_C, Tyuk, hdvades and 1 other person like this.
  6. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

Looks nicer than the Beale street they made.

Congrats!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.