NAD- I’ve been after this one for years.

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Congratulations. Sounds like a major score for you.

Another Mesa fan here. Mark series for me but I've played with a dude who used a DC-10 and they sounded great together. Mark III / Mark V = a little smoother and darker. DC-10 a bit more "metal' and drive. A great pairing for a two guitarist band.

t-ray

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Thanks, Wally, I have this manual and have read it. My question was really more about what this output control does. Is it an attenuator, for example? If I drive a lot of gain and volume through the master and then dial down the volume with the output control, am I asking for trouble? What happens to the energy? I think I got an answer from the replies.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
@t-ray, the manual explains in detail,what that Output control can do. It is also related to the Solo control there, and that is explained as well.
There is a small paragraph in the Overview section of the Manual, and there is a more detailed explanation in the Front Panel section…page 10.

t-ray

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
@t-ray, the manual explains in detail,what that Output control can do. It is also related to the Solo control there, and that is explained as well.
There is a small paragraph in the Overview section of the Manual, and there is a more detailed explanation in the Front Panel section…page 10.
Thanks for your additional reply, Wally. I have read page 10 more carefully this time. (Sometimes one has to be smacked on the head.) Nevertheless, it requires a little reading between the lines. So, it would seem that the Output control determines how much of the overall gain that passes through the Master gets to hit the power section of the amp. Does that make sense?
(And I humbly apologize to the OP as I have somewhat highjacked your thread. I could have posted this question elsewhere.)

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Thanks for your additional reply, Wally. I have read page 10 more carefully this time. (Sometimes one has to be smacked on the head.) Nevertheless, it requires a little reading between the lines. So, it would seem that the Output control determines how much of the overall gain that passes through the Master gets to hit the power section of the amp. Does that make sense?
(And I humbly apologize to the OP as I have somewhat highjacked your thread. I could have posted this question elsewhere.)
No problem, here. We’re all learning stuff, so what’s to be sorry for?

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
@t-ray, I did not commit the info to memory..because I don’t own one of those amps. Iirc, that Output control has 2 if not 3 functions depending on the scenario….one of which is exactly what you describe.

Fret Wilkes

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
I’m on the hunt presently for an 8 ohm speaker for my 1x12 cab. This head doesn’t have a 16 ohm output. Hoping for a plain old celestion G12-75.
Jakedog, I've got two of them
Sheffield G12/75, 8ohm. They were in my 1968 Twin Reverb when I acquired it. They are yours, gratis. All we need to do is get them to you. Pm me if you like.