NAD - HiWatt content

Bluego1

Friend of Leo's
So I’ve had sort of a small amp thing going on and decided I wanted to change up and get a big one. I’m a home player with plenty of room so anyway I was gassing for the big Orange SuperCrush 100 head. Then I saw this relatively new Hiwatt solid state and bit on it instead. It is an absolute beast. Cleans forever. The Original Pedal Amp. And I love me some pedals.
271DE9C7-B75A-4936-97B0-A78715004DC1.jpeg

This particular amp, the Crunch 150, won Guitar and Bass Magazine (British mag, I believe) Gear of the Year award when it came out. The gain channel with the two modes and contour knob is awesome as well. Anyhoo:
E7137FFD-3722-4EA1-8B12-A40F1EDF3BD4.jpeg

B5007791-90CC-4808-A42C-F71AF2C788D5.jpeg

Check this out:

Carry on.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
How is it compared to your Quilter 201? More specific will it do low volume bedroom stuff as well as loud? I’m thinking about replacing my DV Micro Jazz 60 with something else SS.

Bluego1

Friend of Leo's
How is it compared to your Quilter 201? More specific will it do low volume bedroom stuff as well as loud? I’m thinking about replacing my DV Micro Jazz 60 with something else SS.
Funny you should ask. I just last night a/b’d the Quilter and this HiWatt. Just clean, because that’s all the Quilter really does (leaving pedals out of the equation). Of course the Quilter has all those voices. The full Q, which is kind of Marshally, the tweed, the jazz, which is a flat eq, surf, which is blackface, and whatever lead is. Anyhow, I was shocked to prefer the HiWatt over whatever I did with the Quilter. It’s just more present, I guess. Maybe clear is the word.
More specifically, yes, it will start punching you in the face as soon as you start turning the dial.
Now, the gain channel. This thing has more gain than anything I’ve ever played, and that includes all my preamps modeled after Soldano, Diezel, etc. I like high gain a lot of the time, so I enjoy it. I’ve been playing a lot of Michael Schenker solo stuff lately and this with my Q-zone auto wah in front absolutely nails it. So I guess it’s sort of Marshally JCM type of gain.
The key to less gain is the guitar volume knob. Many think only tube amps respond well to the knob. Not true, at least with these newer solid state technologies. I learned that from researching the big new Orange. Watch this from around 1:37 to about 2:40. The HiWatt responds similarly.

Bluego1

Friend of Leo's
LOL. I haven’t purchased an amp in months. This looks pretty darn good.

Found one👍🏻.
You shouldn’t have to worry unless you get a really angry driver. It’s a solid pack job from the factory. You’ll be the only one on your block, if not your state, judging from how hard it is to find any info on these things. You snag that one from Canada?

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
So I’ve had sort of a small amp thing going on and decided I wanted to change up and get a big one. I’m a home player with plenty of room so anyway I was gassing for the big Orange SuperCrush 100 head. Then I saw this relatively new Hiwatt solid state and bit on it instead. It is an absolute beast. Cleans forever. The Original Pedal Amp. And I love me some pedals.
View attachment 1032991
This particular amp, the Crunch 150, won Guitar and Bass Magazine (British mag, I believe) Gear of the Year award when it came out. The gain channel with the two modes and contour knob is awesome as well. Anyhoo:
View attachment 1032994
View attachment 1032995
Check this out:

Carry on.

Diggin the Heather Thomas poster too. "Zapped"