NAD-FSR, Tweed, Greenback content!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Deathray, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

The BIGGEST small amp I’ve ever heard! Fender FSR Bassbreaker 007.
    Played the standard issue last week, and really liked it. Then I learned of the FSR, with the Celestion G10 Greenback. I ordered it from Cream City Music, and it got here today.

I am totally amazed at the wide, deep low end this amp has. It defies the size of this amp, filling the room with gorgeous tones. No mush, very 3D. The touch sensitivity is as good as any Princeton I’ve heard. I don’t know if I should attribute that to the amp, or the Greenback speaker. I’m simply blown away by the tones this amp has, I haven’t heard anything I didn’t like. If this is what a GB sounds like before break in, I can only imagine...
    This is not your traditional Fender sparkling cleans, for sure. The EL84 doesn’t offer much headroom, but the cleans are so round, and lush. Add a touch more gain, it has the best edge of breakup sound I’ve ever gotten out of an amp. A little more gain, and it’s pure Marshall. Melodic, ear pleasing crunch tones that I can’t get enough of. I just didn’t want to stop playing this sweet little guy!

The only downside is no effects loop, or built in reverb. But, for some reason, I don’t really miss the reverb on this amp.
    If you get a chance to play one of these, DO IT! It will surprise you.
    6E94A15C-51AA-4013-A408-EE9274A2F5A9.jpeg
    1EB89F0E-FEF3-41BD-A0D6-387415D79469.jpeg

uriah1, Fiesta Red, Censport and 6 others like this.
  2. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Congrats.

Deathray likes this.
  3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

They look great in tweed, congrats.

Deathray likes this.
  4. xland

xland Tele-Meister

Congratulations on the new amp!!

Deathray likes this.
  5. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Congrats! I love the tweed look.

Deathray likes this.
  6. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

Not to change the subject, but the Les Paul in the picture, is that an Epi or Gibson?
    The reason I ask is, the new line of Epiphone called “‘Inspired by Gibson” has a 50’s model that is built to 1950’s spec’s. I’m waiting for them to be in stock and I’m seriously thinking of buying one. Same color as yours, there’s only three colors offered, just like in the 50’s.
    Curious if you like yours?

Deathray likes this.
  7. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Tele-Meister

The tweed is a really good look for that amp, nice choice. I enjoyed the 007 I was able to play, hope you get lots of use out of it.

I recently got an el84 powered amp and they are a nice change of pace. I get something different out of my system playing through it.

Deathray likes this.
  8. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

It is in fact the new Gibson Originals Series Standard 50’s, in Tobacco burst. It is by far the nicest guitar I’ve ever played. It cured my guitar gas (for now). I got it in October, and I just don’t see anything hanging on the wall anywhere that I think might top it, frankly :)

boredguy6060 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.