1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD: Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by NateD81, Oct 15, 2019.

1. TC 57

TC 57 TDPRI Member

I thought the same. Its also made in China..maybe they priced it that way so as to maintain interest in their tube amps...if it's that good and sold for $400 to $500 , why even think of Fender tube amps again ?

albatros and Chiogtr4x like this.
  2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

As I have not bought any substantial gear in a long time, I was out of touch with just how much prices go up! Even on Imports

Just examples:
    My blonde Blues Jr. (mine is USA) cost me $275 in 2000-

My 2004 Standard Tele was $345, now $600-$700 - called something else now

A Blueridge 000-28 style acoustic ( all solid) that was $700 in 2018 (actually a very nice Birthday gift) is almost $1200!

I gotta get with the times!

3. pugnax

pugnax Tele-Meister

Pretty sure this has been gone over to death in this and other threads, but you can’t buy an equivalent loaded cabinet for $400-500, let alone the amplifier/computer unit itself with its R&D, materials, labor, and distribution.

MilwMark likes this.
  4. albatros

albatros TDPRI Member

Nowadays we've got smartphones and we still have books.
    Tonemaster are kindle (IMHO).
    I do appreciate the effort of Fender DR team, but I fear Tonemaster will remain in a market niche.
    Please Fender, don't stop creating valve amps.
    I'm waiting for a brand new all-tube model beside the vintage ones.

Inviato dal mio SNE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

5. dellerton

dellerton TDPRI Member

I don't think they should stop making valve amps. I love them. BUT... the TMDR is an excellent tool that I use at every gig (when we used to gig). It's light, sounds great, has a great DI out and the attenuation works great in the bars I play. My valve amps don't do that well. They sound GREAT cranked up (when I can do that), record well, but I sure wish somebody would carry them for me! Seriously, I think there's room for both.

thunderbyrd, PBO Blues and Tim S like this.
  6. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

They need to innovate with their tube amps. Maybe a brownface, blackface or tweed with power scaling. Maybe a direct out with built in reactive load. People record in their homes and venues want less loudness. Rather than give a digital facsimile, why not real tubes with attenuators. Other companies (Tone King, Suhr, Mesa) are doing this.

PBO Blues likes this.
  7. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Meister

have a TM DR, an absolutely love it

8. TC 57

TC 57 TDPRI Member

The issue with tube amps is heat..or heat dissipation which some brands do better than others. This is a particular problem where the valves are placed upside down in the chassis..as they were in times past. ideally all tubes should be above board as with most Marshall amps;, but I guess there's a reason why that's not the case...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.