NAD Fender Super Six Reverb

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I think Albert Collins played with volume and tone controls dimed. Get some shooter's earmuffs and try it out!

Not that it makes a huge difference, as either way we are taking about 'Twin Reverbs on speaker steroids,' but I think Albert Collins played thru a ( 4X12")
Quad Reverb, not the Super Six

StoogeSurfer

Tele-Afflicted
That amp is awesome. Question: did you cut a hole in the grill cloth to make it easier for the amp to breathe? I mean, it just makes sense, like cutting a hole in your face mask.

charlie chitlin

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I think I saw that one on eBay.
I played in a band with a guy about your height.
He reached his arm straight out to get to the controls of his Super Six.
It's amazing amp.
Have fun.

bftfender

Poster Extraordinaire
ahh man..last night..as i ran a BD into it..an instant song hit,,i just got done finalizing it..J was able to sing today real quick..will post it soon as rough mix it..

it records awesome..put mic on the jensen speaker & on the fender one,,only had master 4 & channel vol dimed..great amp from clean strumming to stomp the pedal..

bftfender

Poster Extraordinaire
Fender Jagstang..Neck for the strums & Bridge for lead..pics of amp settings & mic position in pic n soundcloud,,mids..this beast has mids !!

Blue Spark on the Fender Speaker into JoeMeek 6Q
MXL DX2 on Jensen into GAP 73

Outta town MV.jpg
outta town setting.jpg

Cysquatch

Tele-Holic
Fender Jagstang..Neck for the strums & Bridge for lead..pics of amp settings & mic position in pic n soundcloud,,mids..this beast has mids !!

Blue Spark on the Fender Speaker into JoeMeek 6Q
MXL DX2 on Jensen into GAP 73

View attachment 719320 View attachment 719321

The real trick is to get 6 different speakers in there and mic them all differently.

Joking aside, that sounds awesome. Another piece of proof against the torches and pitchforks that come out for the MV big boys. What a totally overkill, ludicrous amp - not much more rock n' roll than that, really.

beyer160

Friend of Leo's
I saw a guy that used one of these as a cabinet for a Hiwatt DR103. When you absolutely, positively have to deafen everybody in the room but don't want a full stack of 4x12s.

Maggot

Tele-Afflicted
I used to practice in a rehearsal space that had one of these. I loved it! The 6x10 is the perfect speaker section for a 135-watt twin!

bftfender

Poster Extraordinaire
BTW..played this thing all day after recording a song. Low vol..high vol..any vol..just a great amp..the Speakers in it..just a fabulous overall tone..was surprised the amp is very quiet. It handles all my guitars very well & reveals their characteristics. I am digging the heavier side of this with a RAT & Fuzz..just made for it..the cleans..the best.

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
I purchased the carcasses of 4 JBL D110Fs that came from a Super Reverb. That amp and speaker combination would be killer. I can only imagine a Super Six with six D110Fs. THAT would be killer, tone-wise and back-wise. To the OP: Sweet amp! Enjoy!

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
hey i still lift em up..lol.. i am only 5'2", picked er up & put in the car..its really only heavy at top end..what gave me the idea was moving recording area around & lifted the reg Super up & it sounded great..the Pro sounds fine on ground & speads real nice on its own but the super def has the tighter focused sound & being up or tilted really makes them hit nice
View attachment 718959
Props on UnderDog