NAD: Egnater Tweaker 40

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by udoering, Jul 23, 2013.

1. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

After trying different amps (Blues Junior, Super Champ X2 head + cabinet, Engl Gigmaster 15, Super Sonic 60 head) I had learned enough abourt what I like soundwise and what I do not like.

Went to a big shop and tried out different amps: the Tweaker, two Hughes&Kettner-amps, an Orange 30 Head. After testing, the Egnater was the winner. It can produce the clear (Fenderish), crunched and overdriven sounds that I like. The 40 watts are loud enough for gigs which might come, but one hasn´t the belly-shaking power of the Super Sonic with it´s nice clean Channels (and it´s weight).

An I love the concept of two identical, but highly tweakable channels. Alas, I did not hyve the time to play and tweak it extensively yet.

I hope very much that my quest for tone has ended - at least for while :)

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Sweet. these amps have always looked quite interesting to me

3. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

I love my. And they named it right--you'll spend a long time tweaking the sound--because you can. But when you dial it in...awesome.

I just got a Jenkins 2x12 cab with Celestion G12H 70s in them. Played a few cabs and that one just sung. Love it.

4. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

I think the Tweaker 40 would be a perfect amp, if it just had reverb.

5. jd0272

jd0272 Tele-Meister

Far too complex for me, so i've got the Egnater Rebel 30 head. Superb little thing in a bag. Plenty loud enough for gigs, and we aren't a fully PA'd up band either. Can't be beat for bang for the buck, and the features are just great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.