NAD but a pedal re-education?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by knockeduptele, Dec 15, 2019.

1. knockeduptele

knockeduptele Tele-Meister

So I picked up this lovely little EC Vibro Champ on Thursday - turned up with a bust OP tube - happens, no fuss, but there went Friday running round picking one up - ran up, sounds amazing - and that little one watt switch - hey crunch at a level that doesn't wake the neighbours.

So far so good. Normally I'm playing through a Deluxe Reverb/Supersonic dual set up with a huge stack of pedals, but dropping my new acquisition on the end of the board was a surprise - all woolly and muddy.

So drop every thing into bypass and we are back.

Add a hint of reverb - use the faithful Boss FRV-1 - doesn't make it - go external to a Surfy Bear I built a while back - pure magic.

Drop in a Chorus or indeed anything more exotic - no dice - do you really need modulation with that tremolo to die for in the amp? - no,

But the plain old simple EHX LPB-1 really comes into its own to kick in those front end drive changes

I now fully understand what people here mean by amps that take pedals.

So it doesn't take pedals because you don't need pedals?

2. johnnylaw

johnnylaw Tele-Afflicted

Pedals? We don't need no stinking pedals! :D
    Yep, thars gold in them thar hills...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.