1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD 65 DRRI

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by MerleJam, Oct 19, 2018.

1. MerleJam

MerleJam Tele-Meister

The amp arrived while I was away this morning..I came home to find the box up on its side in my garage just inches from the rain falling from the rooftop. As careless of placement as it was, the amp was A-OK. Plugged a strat in and went to playing. The amp pleases me. My skills are quite limited so my needs may be different from more skilled individuals. It’s incredibly bassy sounding I’ve noticed. I think I need to learn how the bass and treble work on here. I was playing on the neck pickup with volume on 7, guitar volume down a bit and the treble on 6 and bass on 3. Just out of curiosity I turned the amp up to about 8 and had the bass and treble on 10 and just played around with the guitars volume control. For some reason it sounded pretty nice to me for what I was playing. I then plugged a Samick 335 style in and boy does this amp sound great with that style of guitar. The more I play with this amp the more I enjoy it. I also quite enjoy the overdrive from this amp. I’m gonna leave it bone stock for a few months and see where I’m at with it before I make any changes.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    viccortes285 likes this.
  2. theprofessor

theprofessor Poster Extraordinaire

Congratulations! Enjoy! If it came with a "Jensen" C12K, that's quite a bassy speaker, in my experienceo.

viccortes285 likes this.
  3. MerleJam

MerleJam Tele-Meister

Thanks. I had the treble at 6 and the bass at 1 and it still seemed pretty boomy. I’m not sure if I’m just not understanding how they controls work.

4. MerleJam

MerleJam Tele-Meister

Also, should this be dirty like this when it’s brand new?

Attached Files:

5. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Afflicted

First things first, pop it up off the floor onto a chair and see if that doesn't take care of the bassiness. Your power tranny looks rusted like it has been stored in a non-climate-controlled humid environment.

Bob

6. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Congrats.

viccortes285 likes this.
  7. viccortes285

viccortes285 Tele-Afflicted

Congrats on your Amp

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.