1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NAD 59 Bassman Reissue (pics)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by telekaster1999, Dec 20, 2012.

1. telekaster1999

telekaster1999 Tele-Meister

Anybody know what year this may be?

Attached Files:

2. willspear

willspear Tele-Holic

It ilooks like the newer incarnation. So without the ability to pull codes it is recent. Likely last handful of years I can't zoom on anything while keeping it in focus.

They don't increase value wise based on vintage so that is moot.

The big differences comparing it to the earlier reissue is the pine cab instead of ply, bias pot, tube rectifier, and the use of Jensen speakers over blue frame eminence.

I prefer the older eminence speakers if I had a choice. I have owned both. The cab material doesn't make or break either IMO. The early 90s reissue rectifier is a brainless swap for a tube.

Either way be it early or later reissue they are kickass amps with great tone.

Most common thing to do to make it sound more accurate is to drop a 12ay7 into v1

3. telekaster1999

So you dont think its one of the early ones(90s)?

4. willspear

willspear Tele-Holic

Cab looks lacquered by the glare in one photo. The color matches the ltd.

I can't see the rectifier clearly.

The Jensens are a give away.

The cab looks like solid wood.

Does it have the non functioning ground? If so it would be an earlier model

If you look at the control view of the chassis to the left of the fuse is the dummy ground

Attached Files:

5. telekaster1999

No ground switch.

6. willspear

willspear Tele-Holic

Yeah the ltd has no switch.

It doesn't do anything other than mock you that fender would put a useless switch on the amp.

I have had that bassman for nearly 20 years in those pictures. I love it for guitar. It was my first real amp. As for my preference on the eminence speakers I much prefer them for harmonica which is what I use this bassman for. The Jensens may or may not be better for you. It has in that entire time needed tubes, cleaning jacks and some tensioning. Just like any amp. It has been trouble free the entire time. About as bullet proof as a gigging amp can be.

The tone of a cracked open tweed bassman reissue or not is just phenomenal.

Ps. The chassis is totally jacked looking on mine. It wasn't like that when I bought it. It has drifted there over the years.

Edit*

I feel like a dummy. The stock Jensens should be p10rs those are c10qs which unless fender was using spare parts I don't think they were used stock in either generation. . Been a while since I owned an ltd. I could be mistaken. It could be some sort of in between the 90s reissue and the ltd.

Pretty common change from the p10r Jensen is going to p10qs.

All this is really kind of going around in circles. If it sounds great. Score

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  7. BiggerJohn

BiggerJohn Friend of Leo's

C10Qs?? Whassup with that? Should be alnicos. P10R or Q. Better yet the old blue Eminence P10R clones.

Have those C10Qs received the Uncle Spot acetone treatment?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.