NAD 2015 Blues Junior one small problem

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by sammy1, Oct 13, 2019.

1. sammy1

sammy1 TDPRI Member

I just picked up a MIM Blues Junior (MIM 2015 per Fender Customer service. I really like the sounds of this little guy.....One Problem though when I plug a strat directly to the amp everything is great. No hum nothing. However, when I plug a tuner and eQ into it I get a hum that will only dissipate by turning down the middle. With the middle all the way down you can still here the tone.

I checked all the patch cables and even a different EQ same noise . These two pedals do not make that noise on the other amp I checked with it ...a Epiphone Valve Junior

Has any one else had this experience. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

2. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

Do they still use the "FAT" switch on that year of Junior? If so, turn it off and see what happens. That Fat switch adds more mids, so maybe it is just adding a little too much to the mix.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic

Are you using batteries for your tuner & EQ or are you using power adapters?

4. sammy1

sammy1 TDPRI Member

no batteries just AC power. I tried it with the fat switch on and off still humming

5. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic

If you can run the tuner & EQ on batteries only, try that. If the fixes the issue, then the problem is with the AC you are providing to the tuner & EQ.

That's all I got.

DrPepper likes this.
  6. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

It’s your power supply.

Mark the Moose likes this.
  7. sammy1

sammy1 TDPRI Member

Dude you nailed it ....Thank you.

I traced the sound back to my Brand Spanking new Roland PSB-120 AC adapter power supply purchased at GC this past Thursday. This classy Ac Adapter (made in China) and sold at a premium price, Would not connect to the daisy chain, and or to my TU-2 without t a whistling noise.

I was trying to upgrade my old (made in China ) cheap power adapter for easy transport and dependable power supply with out having to purchase another voodoo Lab pedal power rig to take with me on gigs.

Guess i'll either have to go 9v or see if GC will exchange a 4 day old defective PSB-120.

Thanks again for your input and help guys.

8. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's

Get a power supply with isolated outs rather than a daisy chain. Daisy chains tend to add noise. I got a cheap Donner one with 8 or so 9v outs and one 12v—no problem with noise through my BJ now.

9. sammy1

sammy1 TDPRI Member

just a quick update for what it's worth I went to GC and exchanged the offending power supply for another NIB PSB-120....same problem noise so Guess as Matthais suggests the solution is the isolated power outs....I guess you gotta go full retail to respect the tone. Thanks again for the input.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.