N(u)GD: Orange garnished with mint

Blues Twanger

Tele-Afflicted
PXL_20220816_185255081.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20220816_185238972.jpg

I managed to get ahold of this nearly untouched 2019 Player in Capri Orange for quite a discount and swapped the parchment pickguard for a mint one from a Player Plus. The parchment was just a bit monotone against the already slightly creamy orange.

It's one of the better built Ensenada guitars I've had come through, fit and finish is as good as a slightly older American Special and within a hair's width of a recently sold Am Pro.

I'm hoping it makes a nice modern counterpoint to the Vintera 50s in the rack. So far so good though I may prefer a touch less output from the bridge position. This one measures 10.4k and for a modern sounding bridge it's good.

Surprising the neck measurements are not what I would normally select if I was spec'ing a build, it's a little narrower and a few thousands thinner than what I would've said was my minimum, but I can play it with just as much ease as my others.

Last edited:

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
View attachment 1017765
View attachment 1017770

I managed to get ahold of this nearly untouched 2019 Player in Capri Orange for quite a discount and swapped the parchment pickguard for a mint one from a Player Plus. The parchment was just a bit monotone against the already slightly creamy orange.

It's one of the better built Ensenada guitars I've had come through, fit and finish is as good as a slightly older American Special and within a hair's width of a recently sold Am Pro.

I'm hoping it makes a nice modern counterpoint to the Vintera 50s in the rack. So far so good though I may prefer a touch less output from the bridge position. This one measures 10.4k and for a modern sounding bridge it's good.

Surprising the neck measurements are not what I would normally select if I was spec'ing a build, it's a little narrower and a few thousands thinner than what I would've said was my minimum, but I can play it with just as much ease as my others.
A bright orange Tele shouldn’t work, no, really, it shouldn’t, and yet……………………..wow!

Blues Twanger

Tele-Afflicted
A bright orange Tele shouldn’t work, no, really, it shouldn’t, and yet……………………..wow!
I told myself that for a couple of years now since this color appeared on the Players. Then one day BOOM and I had to have one. Whatever made me flip I am glad I did, it's unique and I am happy to have it in the collection.

Sputnik03

TDPRI Member
View attachment 1017765
View attachment 1017770

That is a true hot rod. I love it.