N(to me)GD - Carvin

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by trahx, Nov 19, 2019.

1. trahx

trahx Tele-Meister

I'm a lefty and don't come across these everyday. My wife nearly demanded that I get it. After checking the Carvin web page I believe it's a 1991 DC-127. Whatever it is, I love it! Plays and sounds like a dream. Very little wear for a 28 year old guitar.

20191118_Carvin  01.jpg

noah330, bullfrogblues and uriah1 like this.
  2. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Afflicted

88 or very early 89 lawsuit headstock DC 127 is what you have. I have owned more of these guitars than I can count. Own 6 now and been playing Carvin Kiesel guitars since the late 1980's. Super nice and very stable guitars. In particular those last 24.75 scale neck through guitars are super fast playing monsters. Congrats on that one looks to be a very nice example and be careful they are ADDICTIVE trust me I know!!
    Few of my Carvin Kiesels from over the years. The three Red ones at the end I still own along with the Pink 1990 X220C. Carvins 3.jpg carvins 1.jpg
    Red Rockers 4.jpg

trahx likes this.
  3. trahx

trahx Tele-Meister

How can you tell that it's an 88 or 89? The Carvin website shows that the Kahler Flyer was only on '87 models. Based on other info there and my serial number of 26100 I thought it was a '91
    Thanks for the info!

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Congratulations!

trahx likes this.
  5. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

I've owned about a dozen Carvins over the years, super nice guitars.

trahx likes this.
  6. reactor99

reactor99 TDPRI Member

Congrats! I have a kiesel neck on a partscaster and it's very well made

trahx likes this.
  7. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Meister

I sold my BB75 after hundreds of hours on it. Great gear. Still semi-regret trading my DC127 for an SKS set up with lefty scope, hundreds of rounds ammo and a Savage .22 with a few boxes thrown in. Great fun but still. Having said all that I would recommend an electronics swap. I played my DC stock for years before finally trying some Dimarzio’s and realizing I should’ve swapped them out years ago. Same with the electronics in my bass. They died giving their life for the cause. I finally swapped it out with a Bartolini and wow! Enjoy as they are, electronics withstanding, fantastic axes!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.