N(Sold)GD......Is That A Thing?

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I've mentioned a few times my recent efforts with "different" types of guitars.....a solid body Angel Lopez nylon-string, two Yamaha SLG200 guitars, one steel string and the other nylon string, and finally my "keeper", a Godin Multiac Encore Nylon. I'm bad about not selling guitars, even when they never get played, but this time I've moved two on in fairly quick succession. The Angel Lopez went to a guy who performs solo guitar in restaurants, (no vocals) and he wanted the electric-classical for some things. The second one sold was the Yamaha SLG200 steel-string. Both of these were listed on CraigsList, and both sat there for about a month with no "response". Then, out of the blue I was contacted by these guys (about two weeks apart) and we met up and did the deed. The Yamaha was sold yesterday to a young guy (early 20's maybe?) who had NEVER played guitar......he wanted the Yamaha so he could practice silently with headphones, so he didn't disturb his wife. I agreed to drive about 45 minutes to meet him, on condition he paid my asking price. (which I believe was very fair) We met up on time, he got out of his car and immediately handed over the cash.....I laughed, and said don't you want to see it first? He didn't look comfortable even holding it. I took it from him and played a little, so he would see it "worked". It was in "like-new" condition, and he seemed happy. I told him I had played for 55+ years, but could still (kinda) grasp the excitement of my first learning guitar.....and I almost envy what he's looking forward to.
No real point here.....just ask if y'all will send good vibes and thoughts to that youngster.....I hope his life has just been changed for the better. ;)

VonBonfire

Tele-Holic
IME craigslist takes a couple months to find someone besides a tire kicker. Then when you do find the right buyer it's generally very little haggling and a square deal. I had a steel up for several months, was finally ready to give up and so I packed it heavily for a planned move and then of course the serious no-haggle buyer messaged me. I told him I would unbox it and set it up, a pain in the neck, but that meant paying my asking price. He was easy to deal with. The best deals I've made buying and selling were very little haggling and mostly straightforward. I have met some good guys through craigs. Best!