N(Harley)Day Not a Benton!

BramptonRob1958

Tele-Holic
Have fun, but be careful. There are a lot of idiots out there on the road, but I'm sure you are already well aware of that. Just be safe.
Thank you!

Funny thing is the Idiots are out even when I'm driving on 4 wheels or riding on 2 lol. While the bike doesn't offer as much protection as my Volkswagon, I have a better view while riding my bike and can see trouble sooner.

Point taken, though it's sad that society has become so addicted to our phones, that we can't put them down...Walking, riding, driving, pushing a baby carriage, Talk about a pavlovian reaction..... a phone vibrates or dings and we are unable to ignore.....the incoming "Alert"....

By choosing the Phone "Alert" we ultimately become anything but!

BramptonRob1958

Tele-Holic
AMF was HD's Norlin-era, folks.
No; I did not even like their logo
Picture of Harley Davidson AMF 1975 Tank  Decals / Stickers

Harley Davidson AMF 1975 Tank Decals / Stickers​

The really scary thought about the AMF purchase was they bought Harley around 1969....

The XR750 Flat Tracker was released in 1970...... AMF owned Harley for approx 12 years or so.

Just around that time in the 70's AMF-Harley Sponsored Evil Knieveland his bike of choice at that point was the XR750!

I was just becoming a teenager at that time and really didn't dislike AMF's ownership at the time, however, it was strange that a company known for blowing balls and tennis rackets could inflict so much damage to the brand.... the nostalgia of the 70's brings back a lot of memories both good, bad some ugly!........

AMF wasn't;t one of the GOOD!.....lol

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
It looks cool but not like any Sportster I have ever seen. I don’t ride and have not in 35 years but it makes me want to go look at one.
I get my need for speed from a bass boat.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Thank you!

Funny thing is the Idiots are out even when I'm driving on 4 wheels or riding on 2 lol. While the bike doesn't offer as much protection as my Volkswagon, I have a better view while riding my bike and can see trouble sooner.

Point taken, though it's sad that society has become so addicted to our phones, that we can't put them down...Walking, riding, driving, pushing a baby carriage, Talk about a pavlovian reaction..... a phone vibrates or dings and we are unable to ignore.....the incoming "Alert"....

By choosing the Phone "Alert" we ultimately become anything but!
^^^^Phones are the biggest timesuck ever, and when you combine that with a dangerous situation where you need to be on top of your game such as driving, it's a recipe for disaster. That would keep me off 2 wheels if anything else didn't.

My 20-year-old does plenty of online recreating. However, he is learning to build and repair clocks and watches - which means he's spending hours without screens. And I think it's good for him - he's a lot less vaccuous than most of his peers. This may also account for the drop in young people playing musical instruments - practice time would get in the way of their screen time.