N.F.L. 2021

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Flaneur, Sep 12, 2021.

1. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Packers fan here. Not too impressed with what i saw yesterday.

Buckocaster51 and getbent like this.
  2. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

I'm pretty high on Fields although he'll need to unlearn some of the stuff they taught him at OSU. I agree with your point about how terrible Chicago's QBs have been and Stafford is better than any Chicago QB I can remember including McMahon. I'm not so sure about Goff, I think history will show that Sean McVay did an exceptional job of making chicken salad out of Goff's chicken****. If Fields is just a league average starting QB (and I think he'll end up much better than that) he'll be the best QB Chicago has had in 40 years.

3. Stinger22

Stinger22 Tele-Meister

Alabama had a great day yesterday!!! Saban must have had a least 3 TV's going trying to keep up with all his success!

4. Stinger22

Stinger22 Tele-Meister

I was.............WHO DAT!!!

Zoso420 likes this.
  5. Stinger22

Stinger22 Tele-Meister

He faced what may end up being the top defense in the NFL.

6. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Afflicted

I'm a UNC Tar Heel and Carolina Panther fan. When both teams suck, my Fall can be very disappointing. This season, I expect both teams to be exceedingly mediocre. The Panther defense looked pretty good against the Jets' impotent offense yesterday.

Killing Floor likes this.
  7. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Afflicted

QB hasn't been their biggest problem over the last few years, for sure.

8. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

Darnold seems like a good kid. The Jets gave him no o-line, no weapons, and changed coaches on him. He still stood there and took the beating. I'm rooting for him.

9. regularslinky

regularslinky Tele-Afflicted

We'll see. I have realistic expectations. I'm just glad to have functional team with Wentz in the rear view mirror. It's been a while since Eagles fans were able to watch a game and feel hope rather than impending doom.

BB likes this.
  10. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I think they will be okay. They played like they did after the bye last year...rusty and confused and not well prepared. I think Rodgers was thoughtful to say 'it was a bad game' and that he played poorly as an offset from what Matt LaFleur said. I'd bet either next week or the week following, they will be the pack.

BB likes this.
  11. ale.istotle

ale.istotle Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Regarding Wentz, he is tough and he has a good arm, but he holds the ball too long and he's stubborn. He has yet to show me he will try something new when his standard playing style isn't working. He took soooo many sacks here in Philly because he would not throw the ball away. I'm not sure if he can't make a quick decision or if he just believes he'll eventually find a play. He'll give you some amazing plays, but you'll also get needless sacks.

schmee and BB like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

He sure didn't enjoy much success as an NFL head coach.

ale.istotle likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I think back on the McMahon era, and try and watch the Piti-Bears, and I just can't bear it. :(

I mean when you get your rear-end handed to you by the Rams like they did, what is there to say? Move along folks, it's just another train wreck. Nothing to see here.

14. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

A word of caution: Don’t fall in love with Wentz. He’ll only break your heart. Trust me. He and Ben Simmons.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    ale.istotle and BB like this.
  15. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Falcons lifer. But yeah, Hurts has a bright future and he’s such a fighter. I like watching him play. Cool as a cucumber. And Ertz is fantastic.
    Y’all played a great game. The field goal with 1 minute left, already 23 points up was basically a curb stomp.
    Maybe it’s a wake up call for us. We went all in on Kyle Pitts and didn’t even play him but a handful of snaps.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Lawdawg and BB like this.
  16. Killing Floor

I was really impressed by Darnold. He made some hot route completions with multiple arms wrapped around him. He played a great game.

GGardner and BB like this.
  17. Killing Floor

Wentz was amazing until he got hurt. Awful injury and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. But he’s been less than mediocre since then. Not sure why so many people want him.

GGardner likes this.
  18. Killing Floor

Oh my God!!! Who else is watching Monday Night Football? Gladys knight singing the anthem! Incredible. She can still move mountains.

19. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Can’t totally dispute what you’re saying, but despite his flaws I always liked Wentz and think he can still be a good QB. He’s no Simmons though, Wentz is a talented player, Simmons is not. He’s an amazing athlete with no basketball skill when it comes to offensive basketball. I know it’s not a hoops thread so I won’t get into it, but Ben is simply not very good. Not many hoops threads on here, but years ago I said it on one of them that he’s the most overrated player in professional sports. His ceiling is a nice role player/defensive stopper.

GGardner and Lawdawg like this.
  20. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

The Packer game was a horrible disappointment.

Buckocaster51 and getbent like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.