N.F.L. 2021

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Flaneur, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

a few things looked...shady...in that game...if i were one to scream...fixed...id have screamed it in that game...but im not so i wont ;)

Chip likes this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Got the slow start on offense I was expecting (going to take a few games for the OL to gel), but in the end my Steelers found a way to pull out a tough win on the road. :cool:

BB and scook like this.
  3. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

NFC West off to a 4-0 start. 3 of those on the road and all won by more than a touchdown.

It's going to be another blood bath out west this year.

4. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Good to see that Drew Brees has hair now. Is there anything that man hasn't accomplished?

BB likes this.
  5. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

On the plus side, my Falcons did me the favor of quickly dashing any optimism I might have had for the season. Taking team applications for a one season stand -- I may go with the Rams since it'll be fun to watch Stafford play in a competent offense.

Even before his atrocious performance last night I would have said you are being far too optimistic about Andy Dalton. I do think Fields will end up being very good if that godawful Bears OL doesn't get him killed.

Don't get too excited Eagles fan, that Falcons team you beat may be one of the worst in the NFL. I do like how the Eagles paired Hurts with his old 'Bama teammate Smith, that'll be a great QB/WR tandem for years to come.

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

KC got unbelievably lucky at the end, but they seem to always get a little luck when they need it.

7. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

What a great sports weekend (at our house!) Giants swept the cubs, 49ers win, Stanford whomped SC.

Looking forward to tonight's Ravens v Las Vegas game, hoping Lamar has a HUGE day (fantasy related)

BB, as5431 and Toto'sDad like this.
  8. bblumentritt

bblumentritt Friend of Leo's

They don't stand for the flag or national anthem, I don't watch their games. I was a lifelong fan until this. No more time or money from me.

Sidney Vicious likes this.
  9. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

That may very well be true. However, the Eagles will be playing a relatively easy schedule since they finished last in 2020. Their division is nothing to fear either. No one is claiming they’re a contender after yesterday, but it was just nice to see them go on the road with a new coach and QB and win convincingly, scrub opponent or not.

GGardner likes this.
  10. getbent

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 4.49.39 PM.png

11. Toto'sDad

The 9ers tried their level best to lose, but in the end, the Lyons were just too much for them.

12. Engine Swap

Engine Swap Tele-Afflicted

Looks like the Bears are on their way to another 8-8 year...

Daddypantz likes this.
  13. getbent

I played and coached A LOT. A win is a win. They had a couple of late mistakes and held on.

Unlike the Cowboys who wracked up all kinds of numbers and lost. Guess which franchise is happier this morning?

stnmtthw and Toto'sDad like this.
  14. Toto'sDad

I can't argue that, but as good as the 49ers looked early in the game, they looked just as bad when their lead started crumbling. The 9ers and KC both got some breaks. I liked both wins, but c'mon man, they weren't nothing to brag about.

15. dkmw

dkmw Poster Extraordinaire

As a Dolphins fan, I’d like to stop the season right here. We’ve dispatched the evil Patriots and 1-0 is about as good as we’re going to get.

schmee, as5431 and getbent like this.
  16. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Seahawks looked very good in all phases of the game VS Indy Colts. 4 (beautiful!) touchdown passe's from Russell Wilson as the offense looks to be in great hands under new OC Shane Waldren. Russell was dynamic today. Tyler Lockett was once again amazing, the tight ends were involved and DK Metcalf's catches were things of beauty.

The defense looked pretty darn good too. All this while on the road in the eastern time zone against an excellent coached team with a ton of talent.

I feel a bit sad for Wentz. He got the snot beat out of him yesterday, but kept getting up for more. He's got a laser for an arm! Man, a few weeks removed from foot surgery....how tough is that?!

As @Rustbucket said, NFC West, 4-0 with 3 of those games on the road. Seattle was pegged by some "experts" to start the season 0-9. Man, there are some tough teams in the NFC West.

Loved watching Chandler Jones wreak havoc yesterday. 5 sacks...WOW! Kyler is so much fun to watch. What an incredible athlete.

Rustbucket and getbent like this.
  17. getbent

the only concerns I had about the niner game were the injuriess to Mostert and Verrett. The Browns are good, the Chiefs are just better. It was about the same result in the playoffs.

Most of the starters didn't play much in preseason, so, lots of stuff to work out in game one (and two)

JimG played well. Lance Played well. Kittle, the Oline, Mitchell, Warner, Shahir, etc.. lots of good stuff.. Bosa was rusty and onside kicks happen, as do bad bounces, guys make great strips (like on deebo) what is great is that they had the cushion they had to withstand things happening.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. Toto'sDad

If the guy behind you can still see your taillights you're not far enough ahead of him. Still, winning by one point is winning!

19. Lost_N_Austin

Lost_N_Austin Friend of Leo's

I’m a New Buffalo Bills fan since my Grandson was drafted by the Bills this year. He did not make the 53 player cut but is in a kind of “Protected” status on the Practice Squad and so we (Family and Friends) are looking forward to him getting some playing time soon.
    Watching the Bills from here in Oklahoma is either extra cost or problematic. We had to watch the Four Games at Once format yesterday but it was not fun.
    I did find a Highlights video that was both informative and ultimately painful.

Watch if you are interested or a Pittsburgh fan. The big difference appears to be that the Pittsburgh receivers can actually catch the ball and Rothlesburger (sp?) can throw the football as well as anyone in the league.

Lost_N_Austin

20. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

Fields may well fair well but the Bears have never learned that they need to be exceptional at the QB position. Maybe McMahon qualified but in the modern era I can't think of one and that includes ones like Cutler. Even Detroit has performed much better at QB with Stafford and now Goff. Those guys are at least a level above anyone the Bears have thrown out there, evah.

Lawdawg and Daddypantz like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.